September 8, 2008

Color Choice for 3 corner cabinet, a little Fall nesting and pillow bling!

Kitchen cabinet color

Here's a little dish and cake plate today I picked up at Marshalls. I very seldom go to Marshalls anymore because it's on the "wrong side of town" but I went early so it was okay. I've decided to use a Robin's Egg Blue as the accent color in my kitchen. So, the walls are Latte, the 3 corner cupboard is black and accent is Robin's Egg Blue. Throw in a little creme and it makes for a very soothing color scheme. Very different from anything I've ever done. I think hubby is a little shell shocked but he'll get over it! (Sorry for the first two pics being sideways - don't know how that happened or how to fix it here).



This is a color swatch of the paint I used in the three corner cabinet. It's Wintergreen Ash by Laura Ashley (at Lowe's)



Love the cake plate, such a pretty edge



First coat of paint

Just about done and waiting to completely dry so I could add the rope trim


Here's a piece of the rope trim glued on and taped in place to dry



Both pieces of rope trim are added




Fall Nesting

I've noticed a lot of you have started putting out fall stuff. I haven't ventured up in the attic to get my fall/Halloween decorations yet but I did pick up these cute little ceramic pumpkins at Dollar Tree today. You can find some really neat things in there and the best thing is everything is $1.00!



So the kitchen table doesn't feel left out, I put a little vingette under a cloche on my new cake plate. I picked up the brown pumpkin at Dollar Tree too.






Bedroom Project

Now let me show ya'll what I've got in mind for our bedroom. I know what you are thinking, "she's not through in the kitchen yet, what's this bedroom business?" Sometimes I don't have any projects going and sometimes I seem to be overwhelmed by everything I want to do, can anyone out there relate? Anyway, a few weeks ago I ordered a headboard from Ballards Designs. It's going to be upholstered in a creamy pintuck fabric. I have an creme colored matlasse spread that I'm hoping will blend with the headboard. So the plans are: Creme colored headboard with creamy colored bedding and shams monogrammed in a grayish tone. Recover an existing bench in a linen fabric. Don't know about window treatments yet....I might have to resort to some mistreatments!

I found this pillow at Hobby Lobby last week when I was in Birmingham. The picture does not do it justice. The monogram will be in a color similar to the pillow....sort of a gunmetal gray...


Here's the linen fabric I'll use on the bench and the paint sample which is Sandy Hook Gray





I recently posted about our trip to Scotts Antique Market here. That's where I got the idea of the creme, gray and linen. There was some wonderful painted furniture which was upholstered or recovered in burlap. I loved the look so much I decided I would use it somewhere in my home and since the bedroom is getting a makeover too, I thought that would be as good a place as any.
Ya'll have a great week!



22 comments:

Deb said...

Woohoo, I'm first, I'm first. Okay, love the cake plate, love the color of the cabinet, love the little pumpkins, love the vignette. Love it all. Love it, love it, love it.

deb

Sue said...

Oh Judy, so much beauty. Your color is going to be beautiful. I really like the Laura Ashley paint.
My fall decorating is falling behind because the weather here has been so warm that it is hard to justify the fall decor. Today it is suppose to be cooler so maybe some of it will get done.
Hugs,
Sue

Nonnas News said...

everything is just beautiful!!

PAT said...

Wonderful post, Judy!

The only time I get to Marshall's is when we're at the lake. HomeGoods is a 30 minute drive from here. I like that store for dishes too. I love tablescaping. Planning a post, with some new ones, for this week.

I still have not found the little ceramic pumpkins at $Tree. Maybe I'll have another look. I've been looking since Susie Harris posted about them awhile back.

Your color scheme and plans for the bedroom sound wonderful. I find I'm leaning toward those colors too. J's aunt has an antique sofa she is thinking of selling. I'd love to buy it and redo it in a natural color linen.

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Judy...PLEASE hurry and finish your bedroom!!! I am dying to see the final reveal! LOL! What a unique color scheme, but I think it is going to be so elegant and soothing! Can't wait to see it! Your kitchen is coming along nicely too! ~Rhonda :)

Twice as Nice said...

I've seen a lot of people have bought those pumpkins from the dollar store. I've never seen anyone use them is the way you have though. Love it!! Thanks for the idea.

Jennifer said...

You have fabulous taste! Love your choices of color and really like what you are doing to the corner cabinet.

I like checking out the Dollar Tree as well. Sometimes you can find the cutest holiday decorations :)

Have a great week,
Jen
mrsjones6.wordpress.com

duchess said...

You've been busy.
The cabinet's looking great. Love the blue color.
The pumpkins are adorable - I'll have to see if our local store has any. (They look fab with the stamped napkins.)

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Judy, I love the corner cabinet! Looks great with that background color & the rope molding.

And I also can't wait for the bedroom makeover. It's going to be fun.

I have looked at 3 Dollar Trees for those white pumpkins, but have given up finding them. I love how those look & what a deal.

Kathryn said...

Judy, that bedroom will be absolutely yummy! And, I love the pumpkins; NEVER would have guessed that they came from the Dollar Tree. There's a DT right on the way to my daughter's school; I will have to leave for pick-up a little early today! :-)

Salmagundi said...

I went to Dollar Tree this a.m. and found the pumpkins. They are adorable and, of course, the price was right. Thanks for the "heads up". Sally

Inspired Kara said...

I held that pillow in my hands for a good ten minutes at Hobby Lobby last week!! I loved it but didn't have an exact spot for it so I passed it up. I'm glad someone got it and it putting it to good use! :)

Bo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bo said...

Wow...your color choices are divine and your kitchen re-do is looking soooo beautiful...I never knew applying rope moulding was so easy...gotta try that...somewhere!
;-) Bo

Lamp Tramp said...

Oh my, everything looks so pretty! Love the corner cabinet, rope trim, and the robin's egg blue accent color....dreamy. Your white dish finds are perfect. You are such an ispiration, by the time I get to Fall decorating it might be nexy Spring! LOL!
xoxo!

Christy said...

I really love that rope trim. I use it as much as possible. I added it to my kitchen cabinets and it looks great.
I went through a "model" home the other day and the entire house was done in taupes, robin egg blue and sea glass green. It looked absolutely beautiful!! Good choice.

Mrs. B said...

Beautiful! Love the cabinet, and those little dishes are so pretty! The fall table is gorgeous. I'm inspired! And I love your bedroom ideas. Very nice color palette.

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

So neat! Love the fall, love the pillow!

Kathysue said...

Hi Judy, I love your blog, it is now on my favorites list. I love the colors for your bedroom. I have done a guest room in all creams, white and very very pale blue on the ceiling only. I can't wait to see the headboard you get, I am still on the hunt for what I want, maybe you can inspire me. fondly , Kathysue[RMS]

Suzann said...

I love it all! Absolutely perfect for sure!!! The colors, the fabrics, the finds, the rope trim, the cabinet, the pumpkins... I need to get out more! I am doing redecorating of every room in the house, so I hear ya girlie. I like your bedroom idea better than my bedroom idea though. Dang it! LOL. Perhaps I'll have to hunt around some more. I really wanted to use a linen fabric, and I'm making a linen covered headboard already, but I've been having trouble pulling it all together. But, as I've typed this, you've given me an idea...Danger Danger Danger. LOL.
I'll have to get out to Marshalls AND the Dollar Tree!

Anonymous said...

I'm such a sucker for corner hutches, creamy white dishes and white pumpkins! Loved your table setting, too!! =-D

Adkins said...

I went to Dollar Tree this a.m. and found the pumpkins. They are adorable and, of course, the price was right. Thanks for the "heads up". Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...