August 18, 2008

Filling In The Blanks

Most of Sunday afternoon was spend cleaning up after the painters and trying to decide where to put what....

Here is a little glimpse of my black three corner cupboard. I am going to give it a fresh coat of black paint but I just don't know what to do about the inside color. So I'm open to all suggestions from all you talented girls out there.....what do ya'll suggest?

I did put stuff back in there and I think I like what I've done so far. I needed a little color and lots of texture for all that creamy white and Latte. To accomplish that, I utilized one of my favorite decorating tools.....books! The older the better, they can be ratty, I don't care! Then I just started putting stuff on the shelves until I was pleased with how it looked.



On top I put my white tray we got at Scotts last weekend (took this shot from the ladder....can't you tell?)




Here's what I did with my little tortishell bookcase/shelf


That old beat-up looking train case came off the street!


Here's the silver I picked up at Scotts Antique Market I polished. I brought in some of my silver coffee/tea pieces from the dining room to mix in with the white plates

I still wanted to use the copper pot rack and pots so back in they went...

I do have some textured Roman shades about the same color as the tortishell shelf but only one got hung yesterday. Don't know what I'm going to use over the kitchen window....maybe the same Roman shade or I may make a pretty valance.

We got the glass top table moved in and I set the table with some pretty dishes and flatware. I have some linen napkins I'm going to stamp (like some I've seen in the Nell Hill's books) to complete the tablescape. I'll show the kitchen table later.....right now I'm waiting on some slipcovers I ordered from Ballards to see which ones look best. Got to hang plates and platters and a few other things before it's "done" (or at least presentable!)

If ya'll have any suggestions on the inside of the corner cabinet please feel free to share!

15 comments:

Alyce said...

What about using toile scrapbook paper in a latte color pasted to the inside of your cupboard?? Or just painting it the same latte??

cherry said...

Hmmm depends on what you use for window treatments on top of the romans & other fabric in the room. You don't want to much pattern probley...but some scrapbook paper in a damask or toile would work. Even if you had some fabric you liked...maybe the same you use for your treatments..could be decoupaged to the back. Or wainscott in a color that would pop. All your vingettes are lovely...the the rooster with the big white platter. cherry

PAT said...

It's looking great, Judy! I can't wait to see your stamped napkins. I would love to do something like that also.

Pat

Bo said...

Wall color is delicious...and I so enjoy looking at your collections. The lamp looks great with the new color too. ;-) Brown-Eyes

Nancy Rosalina said...

Looking Good, Judy. I have seen so many use the scrap book paper on the inside of shelves...I might try it myself...what ever you do, I can't wait to see. Nancy

Cena @ Unexpected Necessities said...

I agree about the paper....It's the easiest fix.

Angie said...

It all looks beautiful! It looks so clean and fresh. You are making me want to redo everything! Most of the time I love my colors, but sometimes I want to go more neutral so things are easier to change out, like curtains and artwork. Oh, I do NOT feel like painting so I am going to put those thoughts out of my head now. Can't wait to see the rest of the room!

Tara said...

Judi

Toile...maybe pink or beige based? Wouldn't that look great! Love how you have put your vignettes together...and the copper pots look great!

Suzann said...

Well, I love the idea of the scrapbook paper for added textures. This is my second home done all is taupe, cream, white, and black. I have found that by simply adding quilts, throws, and various accessories for seasons and holidays I don't have the need to add much else. I love being able to change things without giving it any thought and I can purchase whatever catches my eye while I'm out and about. For the upcoming autumn I just purchased some fun things, my favorite being some brown and cream transferware (looking) plates, some chocolate brown and burnt orange accessories too.
Thanks for sharing your paint colors again with me. I was able to find Latte under Benjamin Moore (is that right?) but I have yet to find the Pearl White under a brand that I know. Your Latte is similar to my taupe.
I'm looking forward to seeing your stamped napkins. Interesting idea!

bj said...

Everything looks soooo good !
Keep us posted on the changes you make....
You are doing a great job!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Judy, it all looks so pretty! I know you are going to love it. All the silver, creamware, old books...yummy. I thought scrapbook paper too, on your corner cabinet.

How's the floor paint holding up? good, I hope!

Rhoda

Debra from Bungalow said...

I was going to say scrapbook paper but I see it was mentioned. It seems to be very popular right now & you can be subtle or bold in your choice.

The train case is my favorite. I love the way you have bookshelf accessorized. Love the old silver......well just love it all!
DebraK

Deb said...

I love how you have such an eclectic mix of things on those shelves and it all works so well together. I need to go work on my shelves. Thanks for the tips.

Donna said...

Your kitchen is looking beautiful! Love the wall color - can you tell me what brand the paint is? I just had my kitchen re-done in cream and green and am looking for a nice taupe-y color to paint my living room.

Thanks so much!

Donna

Judy said...

Donna: If you will leave a way for me to contact you, I will be happy to share the paint color/brand of my kitchen.

Judy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...