January 26, 2013

Sweets for your Sweetie

Can you believe we’re only a few weeks away from Valentine’s Day?   Me either!   Time seems to go by so fast lately.    

My husband and I both have a sweet tooth (or would that be sweet teeth?)…anyway we like to have something sweet to eat after dinner at night but since we’re trying to eat a little healthier trips to the Dairy Queen just don’t figure into a healthier lifestyle!   I have a few recipes that are good but not as fattening as those Blizzards or Chocolate Turtle Bowls!  

Here’s a recipe that a friend gave me when we both were doing Weight Watchers.    I don’t remember how many points each slice is but I would think no more than 4 points.     

 

Lemon Pie

PicMonkey Collage

  • 1 1/2 cups skim milk (or 2% milk)
  • 1/2 tub crystal light lemonade (not the whole tub) – (I used 1 1/2 sleeves of the individual servings which I had on hand)
  • 1 large box instant fat free sugar free vanilla pudding
  • 8 oz. fat free Cool Whip
  • Reduced fat graham cracker crust

Mix lemonade and dry pudding mix together then add milk.   Fold in Cool Whip and pour into pie crust.    Refrigerate for about an hour and serve!

 

4 comments:

Kelly said...

That looks good! I love lemon pie. Thanks for sharing the recipe. May need to give this a try. I guess I could even make it without the lowfat stuff if I wanted to. Although, the lowfat version would be more healthy!

NanaDiana said...

I used to make this on Weight Watchers and made the crust out of crushed up Life Cereal and then I could have it for breakfast- (cereal, dairy). I hadn't thought about this in years- YUM....gotta try it again- xo Diana

Justabeachkat said...

That sounds delish!

I love sweets too. My biggest craving is always for chocolate...dark chocolate. And my favorite is Hershey Bliss...only 35 calories. It goes great with the last sip or two of my nightly glass of red wine :-)

Hugs,
Kat

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...