December 27, 2011

Best Projects of 2011

When I started seeing all the “Best Of” parties going around, I didn’t think I could join in because I didn’t remember doing anything “big” this year.   But looking back in my old files I did find a few things I accomplished in 2011.      Feel free to click on the project heading to read the entire post:

 

Sheet Music Wreath

11

 

Ho Ho Ho Burlap Pillow and Vintage Candles

031

 

042

 

044

 

Monogrammed Burlap Shade

019

 

Fall” Banner

fall banner2 020

And here’s the mantel after I added a fall garland and lights

fall mantle 006

 

Stenciled Adirondack Chair

chair12

 

Starfish Bottle

011

 

Turquoise & White Pumpkins (this was a very popular post!)

turquoise pumpkin 001

 

019

 

Moss Covered Monogram

moss letter 035

 

My First Slipcover

 

slipcovered ottoman 003

This was done before the sunroom got repainted….and yes, I know I’ve yet to post a reveal but I will be sure to do that soon!

 

DIY breadboard

cutting board 022

 

As you can see, there were no biggie or earth shattering projects,  just a lot of little DIY stuff.   I guess the biggest “project” was the revamp of my sunroom which I LOVE!    I just realized I have never posted a reveal but I will do that soon.

And there you have another year in review.    I’ve been working on our bedroom off and on for sometime now and I have to say it’s coming together just like I hoped.    So I will try and get that finished up and post pics just as soon as I can.

Hubby’s gift to me this Christmas was agreeing to have our den repainted….I’m also working on him for a new sofa!    Plus I have a chair that will be recovered in an antique grain sack…just as soon as I decide how I’m going to treat the chair, either leaving as it or painting or distressing…..

I got the “crud” last week and couldn’t even leave the house on Christmas Day to go eat at the in-laws.    I finally got a prescription from the doctor today so I’m hoping it gets knocked out real soon.    We are supposed to go down to the gulf this Friday until next Tuesday….hubby’s made dinner reservations at a great restaurant for New Year’s Eve….gotta get well.

Here’s hoping you all have a safe and Happy New Year!

14 comments:

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Judy,
Okay...now are you going to Gulf Shores/Orange Beach? I will be there from Sat.-Mon...if you are coming..we must get together. They have a nice New Years eve party at the Wharf...we will be going to it after the BIG game. You did a lot of great DIY projects in 2011...looking forward to seeing what you do in 2012.

Blessings,
Linda

NanaDiana said...

I'd say you got a LOT of projects done, Judy! Not all huge but all wonderful! I hope you have a wonderful end of year! xo Diana

pam {simple details} said...

I love your great collection of projects, the monogrammed shade is my favorite! Hope you're on the mend and enjoy a wonderful New Year's dinner!

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Great projects, but I just drooled over the monogrammed burlap lamp shade. It's my favorite! Have a Happy New Year!

Kirby Carespodi said...

Fun stuff! Love the lampshade!

Kirby Carespodi said...

Fun stuff! Love the lampshade!

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

You've done a ton of great DIY projects this year! Happy New Year!

My Many Moments said...

I love how you wrapped up all your projects at the end of the year. I have to say I have loved the pumpkin DIY the best! They are just too cute.
On a side note...I love your black round mirror in your living room?
Happy New Year!

Leigh Anne said...

LOVE all your projects!! Can't wait to see what you have in the works for 2012! Happy New Year!

Southern Lady said...

Judy, I hope this finds you down on the Coast and feeling much better.

Best wishes to you and your sweet family for only the best in the coming year.

By the way ... Congratulations to your Tigers on their Bowl win! Hope our Tigers beat Bama AGAIN!

Crimson Heart Studios said...

Hi Judy, I love your turquoise and white pumpkins. Stop by and check out my vintage journal giveaway. Cindy

Justabeachkat said...

I remember all of your DIY projects and have been impressed at all you've accomplished.

Sorry you've been sick. Not fun anytime, but especially during the holidays. I hope by now you're "all better"!

Happy New Year sweet friend.

BTW...just like my blog post tonight expresses - YOU are important to me. Thanks for your friendship.

Hugs,
Kat

Becca Bertotti said...

I hope you are all better sweet friend and enjoyed a fabulous getaway at the Gulf!! And, I LOVE each and every single project you achieved this past year ... the burlap lamp shade ... the new slipcover ... the fun Fall banner ... all of it is so inspiring. Your home is beautiful, as always! Happy New Year!

Made In The South said...

You were certainly a busy girl. Love the candles..might have to give those a try.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...