January 13, 2008

My Weekend in L.A.

This past Friday I went to lower Alabama (affectionately referred to as "L.A.") to spend the weekend with my best friend Judy. She and I have been best friends for over 25 years. Judy is the true definition of a friend....she has been there for me through the good times and the bad times. She is the kind of friend you can call on at 2:00 a.m. and she'd be there for you. There is nothing she would not do for me and there is nothing I wouldn't do for her.






This is Judy and her husband


Aubie welcomes all!



She left up her Christmas decorations out front because she wanted me to see how beautiful her porch looked....it was stunning. The pictures don't do it justice.



Front of her house



Side view from the driveway





She did all of this herself...very talented lady!



Banister was draped in garland, lights, ornaments, ribbons and bows






These are clear canisters in her bathroom with silver ornaments and ribbons inside....pretty neat idea.



One of the two guest rooms upstairs and where I sleep when I'm there. Everything coordinates so beautifully



Oh, lest I forget...she is a great cook. Saturday night we had hamburger steak with gravy, homemade mashed potates, green beans, her "famous" cornbread, and for dessert, peach cobbler! I probably gained 5 pounds just eating her cooking.



Den looking out French doors going onto back screened in porch


Judy's chair in the den (you can see the foyer from this pocture)


Massive fireplace.


Library table adjacent to the fireplace....still partially decorated with Christmas stuff


Master bathroom....gorgeous!





Kitchen

This sign says it all "Welcome to Paradise" which she hung on her back porch. You truly feel "at home" when you are at Judy's


Screened porch runs the length of the back of the house (this picture cut off a lot of the porch)



She spray painted all her wicker last summer. The wicker on the back is this minty green and the front porch wicker is all black. It took her more than a week to paint it all but it turned out beautifully.



"Bar" area in the foyer....now let me explain something to ya'll.....Judy does not drink. They do entertain a lot and all of this is from folks who BYOB. When she was building her house, I told her about an idea I had to turn her hall closet into a little mini-bar. So, she had the builder outfit it with a mirror and light, she put in a mini-refrigerator and that hold soft drinks.



This is a display on top of her entertainment unit in the master bedroom


This is the foyer....the handpainted cabinet in there is the exact one I ordered for my DIL for Christmas. She did not know I had ordered mine and I didn't know she had ordered hers....we ALWAYS end up with the same things because our tastes (and I guess our minds) are so much alike. This has always happened with us.


I have "first right of refusal" on those lamps if she ever wants to get rid of them


Saturday evening we rode around the neighborhood on her golf cart. Her husband bought her the golf cart for her birthday this past year. The cart comes in real handy at ballgames as that's how a lot of folks get into the stadium from wherever we are tailgaiting.


A personalized Auburn tag on the golf cart....have you ever.......?!?!?!?


This was a house we saw in the neighborhood


The house was perfectly situated with a pond in the back....it was sunset and I thought this was so pretty. BTW, Judy says a bachelor lives here...... hmmm, if I was single and looking, I might have stopped to "check him out" !





I did not post a lot of the pictures I took because some did not turn out. Suffice it to say that her home is beautiful. We have our "girly" weekends several times a year with no husbands and really enjoy ourselves. We have so much in common and just enjoy talking and visiting. Last summer she and I started an annual "girl's weekend" where our daughters (who grew up together) and us two went to the beach for the day. This summer we plan on going for a weekend. They take their camper and park it for the summer so we will stay there. I can't wait..... Judy













4 comments:

Kelly said...

We call Lower Arkansas "L.A." too! That is so neat that ya'll have been friends for so long and have the same name as well. (My mom is Judy and so is my mother-in-law! Popular name!)
Her house is beautiful! She is a true friend to leave her Christmas decorations up just so you can see them. And I LOVE her lamps in the foyer! LOVE THEM!

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Judy,
Your friend, Judy, has a beautiful home. "THANK YOU" for sharing your friend's home with us. The front of her house is so beautiful all decorated for Christmas. It's so sweet that she left it all up for you to see. I'm glad yall have been friends that long. Now that my friend, is a very good and dedicated friend. We call my hometown of Lepanto, AR, LA. People used to actually think that I lived in Los Angelas. LOL. I live in the Northeast part of Arkansas. I love her Golf Cart. Sure wish I had one. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Hugs,
Karen H.

Lamp Tramp said...

Ooohhh, what fun and what an absoultely beautiful home. I love everything. She must really love you to keep her decorations up for youe visit. One could just move right in it's so fabuous with fun stuff. So glad you had a great weekend...I knew you were going from one of your last posts, and knew you would be happily busy having fun. xoxo...Sandi

The Mrs. said...

That house is gorgeous!!!!! Found your blog through Self Confessed Lamp Tramp! I want the bar she has! Where did she get that bar table? And where are those lamps from that you love?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...