January 26, 2008

Show and Tell and another tag

Karen at Karen's Korner has tagged me for 7 weird or random things about myself. This is going to be hard because who wants to think they are "weird"? Alrighty then, here we go:

1. I cannot stand the thought of being confined. I think I'm this was because when I was a little girl, I got a cut on my head from a swing and had to go to the ER. Apparently, I would not be still and they wrapped me, mummy like, to put stitches in my head. Just writing about this gives me the creeps!
2. I am extremely claustraphobic - I can't even ride in the backseat of a car. One time when I was with a group of women we were riding in a van to transport us back to our hotel. I got in first so I was pushed to the far back of the van. I had a panic attack and literally crawled over several people to get out - I felt like I couldn't breath! Another time I was supposed to have a cat scan and even being medicated I could not go through with it. Any time my husband and I get on an elevator and people get on and push me toward the back, my husband tells them I have to be up front because I can't stand being behind anyone like that!
3. I love to be out on a boat, be it a pontoon boat or a cruise ship, but I have a fear of what's lying beneath the water! I would never go snorkling because I feel the ocean or body of water I'm in is so vast that it will swallow me up. I don't know how divers go in the water looking for stuff cause I get a feeling that something will "grab" me!
4. I saw on another blog where a girl posted the order in which she bathes and/or showers so I guess I'll do the same. Whenever I take a bath or shower, I do it in the following order (1) I first wash and rinse my hair (2) I lather up all over and shave my legs and under my arms (3) then I lather up again and bathe all over. I NEVER deviate from the order of the bathing!
5. I am never late for anything. If I have to arrive somewhere I'll be as much as 30 minutes early and just sit in my car, that doesn't bother me. I don't know where I get this little quirk but I've always been like this. My first husband was ALWAYS running late and it aggravated me so much. My now husband is like me....he can tell you to the minute when he'll get home. If he thinks he'll be delayed for any reason, he calls and tells me exactly where he is and when he'll get home or to wherever he's going. If he is traveling without me, we usually are talking on the phone and he'll tell me where he is and we can "travel together" cause I know the landmarks he is talking about.
6. I love to shop! Okay, this may not be random or weird but I have to go shopping, even if I don't buy anything. I love to look at clothes, accessories, decorator shops, antique shops, flea markets, etc. I do consider myself a good shopper because I shop so much that I know where to find the best "deals"! I don't always pay a lot for stuff....I'm really lucky that eventually I get what I want at a good price and seem to luck up on good deals if I'm persistant.
7. I don't really like to talk on the phone. I know some people are "phone-a-holics" but not me. I don't call someone to just have a good ol' chat (except with my best friend Judy). I check on my mom every day (she's 87), talk to my daughter every day, talk on the phone with hubby during the day and talk to son and his wife 2-3 times a week. Other than than, I HATE being on the phone.


Don't know how random or weird the above are. I'll probably come up with some really weird things after this post.


Thursday night I spent the night at my daughter's house cause her husband was out of town on business. We met after work, she had a hair appointment and we went and ate supper and shopped afterwards. Pop picked up the twins and stayed with them at Shannon's house until we got home. After we got the twins to bed (they were excited MiMi was there and they didn't want to go to sleep) I was wandering around in her kitchen and took a few nighttime photos. Her kitchen is to die for! The pictures don't do it justice. It's huge and gorgeous. They've only been in the house about a year and don't have window treatments but she's not sure what she wants. Her kitchen was so cozy I couldn't resist taking a few pictures.

I took this Friday morning - Jackson and Taylor ready for "school" Taylor's bangs are growing out and it's hard to keep them out of her eyes!
This oil painting is just outside her kitchen and on "loan" from me!


I have the matching picture in my dining room


Dining room sideboard we bought for them



Eating area in the kitchen - my husband wanted to give them the table, chairs, and barstools as a housewarming gift - that was so sweet!


Top of one of her cabinets. We have not "decorated" the top of the cabinets much but that is on our list. She has some things for us to use we but haven't done that yet.


Pretty tray I gave her over the kitchen door


Sorry this is so dark - it's so pretty at night!


See the water cooler? They own several bottled water companies in our area

Centerpiece on kitchen table


Now you can see the little side table better . We lucked up on finding this table. It is a good match for her kitchen table.




3 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Judy,
"THANK YOU" for doing the Meme. I really enjoyed reading yours. Don't feel bad, I'm claustrophobic too. LOL. I don't do MRI's or anything that is going to make me feel closed in. Elevator's don't bother me too bad. I'm afraid of being on a boat in the water because I'm afraid it might sink and i can't swim. Your daughter has a beautiful kitchen. "THANK YOU" for sharing some beautiful pictures of her kitchen. I do love the dining table and the other table as well. I'm sure yall will get it all decorated soon. Things like that just takes time. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

SweetAnnee said...

WONDERFUL
and I LOVE that song by Nicole..
singing it LOUD and with love!!
fondly, Deena

His Doorkeeper said...

Wow! I am so claustrophobic also. I dread when I have to get on an elevator so bad. I HAVE to be at the front...can NOT stand in the back behind taller people....ugh! I have had a little problem being in the back of a van when we were in Nicaragua. Felt I couldn't breathe! And I do have a little problem with boarding a plane before take-off. I don't mind glass elevators inside of a nice hotel.

I love to shop too...not always to buy stuff..just like to look at different things and think of where I would put them. I can ALWAYS find a bargain....never spend much but when I do, it looks as good as something really expensive! I often wish I could be a buyer for someone's shop or to redo someone's house because I know I could do it elegant and on a shoestring! Such fun!
Enjoyed your daughter's kitchen! Very nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...