January 4, 2015

Painted Baskets

You might say I've always had a love affair with baskets. I've collected them and used them in many ways over the years. Here is a project a did a few years ago and thought it was worth sharing it again.

Before Pinterest, I bought tons of decorating magazines. I always had problems storing them because I didn't want to part with my favorites. I found these great baskets at Lowes that were the perfect size to store magazines in but I wanted to dress them up a bit.

 I bought two Allen + Roth baskets and Valspar’s Churchill Hotel Vanilla spray paint


 I measured the height of my basket and it was 7” so I taped off the in the middle so I had about 3 1/2” above and below the tape. 

After spray painting the BOTTOM half of the basket I ended up with this....





I love how they turned out!

These baskets gave me a way to store some of my favorite magazines while looking pretty at the same time.

Of course, these are just a couple of the many baskets I have and ways I use them around my home.   I'll be back soon to share some of the ways I use baskets around my house.






6 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Super cute Judy!!

Christine said...

Classy!

Kelly said...

I love that look! Good idea to do it yourself rather than trying to find some already done that way.

Nancy said...

perfection! not to mention brilliant!

Deserae said...

What a great idea....you can never have too many baskets!!!
~Des

alison said...

These turned out beautifully! I've been wanting to try it out, now I think I will :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...