August 17, 2014

Spinach, Ham and Cheese Quiche

I love quiche but hardly ever make it....when I found this recipe I couldn't wait to try it. There were few ingredients and not many steps.

NOTE:   The original recipe was for two quiche's but I reduced some of the ingredients to make one
 
Spinach, Ham and Cheese Quiche

Ingredients 
  • 1 frozen deep dish pie crust
  • 1 cup chopped ham
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
  • 4-5 large eggs
Instructions
  • Preheat oven to 425 degrees
  • Bake empty pie crust according to package instructions (about 5-10 minutes on my oven)
  • Combine the ham, onions and spinach and place mixture in bottom of pie crust
  • Combine eggs, milk and cheese in a bowl and whisk to mix
  • Pour dairy mixture over chopped ingredients
  • Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes
  • Reduce oven to 300 degrees and cook until done (not runny in middle) for approximately 30 minutes (time will be determined by your oven)....mine was around 45 minutes
  • Remove from oven and allow to cool
 (Original recipe found here)




 I served ours with cantalope and mixed berry muffins....it was so good!

I'll leave you with this cute cartoon....


Enjoy your quiche!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I've never made homemade quiche but I love eating it! I may have to give that recipe a try. Looks yummy. Cute cartoon too!

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Judy... this looks like a great recipe!And easy enough that maybe I can even make it! Love the picture of the ladies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...