April 22, 2012

Weekend At Mimi’s

This weekend has been filled with fluffy girly stuff.    Both my granddaughters, Taylor and McKinley, spent the weekend with us.    McKinley’s parents spent their yearly weekend in N’Orleans so after Taylor’s ball practice Saturday she joined us too.     McKinley’s baby brother Cade was at daughter Shannon’s with his cousin, Jackson. 

After we picked up Taylor on Saturday afternoon, we all got manicures.    Of course, they both wanted the same “look”….navy blue polish with orange polka dots (which is their favorite teams colors – Auburn University)

007

Love these sweet little hands!

 

008

 

009

 

After a late lunch, we went shopping.    I had in mind to find them some kind of matching outfits or swim suits but their independent little spirits chose completely different styles

001

Here’s Ms. Taylor in a ruffled white top and gray leggings with ribbons….I’d love to wear something like this myself!    She was a little worried that her hair wasn’t’ rolled and she didn’t have a white ribbon but I don’t have any of her hair things at my house so we just went with a side ponytail.  

004

McKinley modeling her cute little dress.    She really wanted the same thing Taylor got but they didn’t have her size….she really prefers dresses anyway.     As you can tell, both girls are no strangers to posing! (….and she insisted on fixing her own hair!)

They put on a little fashion show for Pop when we got home….he was suitably impressed!

005

 

006

The girls are only a little over a year apart but Taylor towers over McKinley who is really on the small side

 

014

McKinley just adores Taylor

 

Then Saturday night after baths I fixed them Coke floats

016

McKinley didn’t care for hers so Pop “helped” her drink itIn love

 

Sunday morning I was lying in bed between them listening to this very interesting conversation:

T:   Do you have to rub your dad’s neck?

Mc:   No.

T:   I have to rub my dad’s neck sometimes because he’s tired after work

(McKinley then has to agree that she does rub her dad’s neck as she never wants Taylor to one up her)!

Mc:   Well, I rub my dad’s neck too but your dad’s neck is sweatiness and my dad’s neck is lotion-ness….

T:    No it’s not!

Mc:   Yes, your dad is all sweatiness and my dad is all lotion-ness

I buried my head in the pillow cause I was dying laughing!

Another conversation centered around Taylor telling me McKinley was jealous of her to which McKinley readily agreed….several times she said she was jealous of Taylor and then McKinley asked me what did that mean?

By lunchtime Sunday they were really getting on each other’s nerves so Taylor’s dad (a/k/a Mr. Sweatiness) came to pick her up and take her to buy a new baseball bat and then ball practice.    When son and DIL get home we’ll meet them half way to reunite kids with mom and dad and then we’ll come home to recover!

11 comments:

Patsy said...

They are precious. So cute how they know how to pose like models already. LOL What a treat that must have been having them over. Thanks for sharing them.

Anonymous said...

They are just adorable and I loved their conversation! How can you not just adore grandchildren?

Gretchen

Cheri said...

Kids say the funniest things...I can only imagine you were dying listening to that conversation. It may have worn you out, Judy, but oh what memories.

Katya said...

Happy girly weekend. :)

thistlewoodfarm said...

LOL! Judy.....you need to write a book! Thanks for making me laugh today!

blessings,
karianne

NanaDiana said...

Judy- Aren't they fun AND funny? I love all the little mini-dramas girls that age always seem to have going on. They are just so cute together. xo Diana

toko baju online said...

Thank you for posting this. It’s exactly what I was looking for!

Diana said...

Looks like you had a very special weekend! :)

Leigh Anne said...

They are both so cute! I know you enjoyed having them with you for the weekend. Love their new outfits....I've eyed both for Georgia Anne, but didn't get them b/c she has too many clothes already! :)

Leigh Anne said...

They are both so cute! I know you enjoyed having them with you for the weekend. Love their new outfits....I've eyed both for Georgia Anne, but didn't get them b/c she has too many clothes already! :)

it konsulent said...

They are both so cute,All members enjoy having them with u for the weekend,Lovely the new outlooks,They are just adorable and I loved their conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...