April 28, 2008

1st Annual Girls Beach Trip

As you can see, we were 2 miles from our destination at 5:12 p.m. on Thursday afternoon. Call me dumb, but I didn't know that all the blue stuff on the screen was the ocean!!! Shannon pointed that out to me!

After we checked into our motel, we got out and walked on the beach about 6:00 p.m. so the girls could pick up shells. This is how the sky looked....isn't it amazing?

Someone had spent a lot of time building this sandcastle

McKinley is proud of her little seashell



Taylor (blue swimsuit) McKinley and DIL Jennifer


Taylor found a big beautiful shell but she wanted ya'll to see this one!

Now I've got to explain the next few pictures. We could not get into our condo until Friday so DIL went on line and found a "nice" motel for us to stay at Thursday night. She said it had great reviews and pictures and had recently been remodeled. Well, I don't know what they call "recently" but this place made the Bates Motel look like the Taj Mahal! The first thing that greeted us when we opened the door was a dead roach! Uck! I wanted to go to the office and get our money back but they had a "no refund" policy. So, when you see the cracked cement patio the girls are standing on, please know that this is not the kind of place we are used to!!
Taylor put on her sunglasses when she got up cause she was so excited to be at the beach!

Both girls WIDE AWAKE at the crack of dawn!

Ms. Ta-Ta all ready for her day at the beach in her swimsuit, hat and glasses!
McKinley looks like she's found something interesting.

McKinley is ready to go swimming Taylor "instructing" my sister's grandson, Mason (remember, she is the 'big sister' and just a little bossy)!

Mason (love those eyes)
Taylor and her floaties (she took off swimming like a little fish)

McKinley in her "big girl" float


I told ya'll most of my pictures were of the girls! We didn't get to spend much time with my sister (Besty), her daughter Elizabeth and Betsy's grandson Mason because they stayed in a different condo but we got together to eat on Friday night and they went swimming with us Saturday.

We ended the day swimming - so peaceful and relaxing.


I don't know where we'll spend the 2nd annual girl's trip but we have a year to decide. This coming weekend the my daughter and her husband are going to son and DIL for the weekend so MiMi and Pop will be keeping the twins!


12 comments:

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hope you are feeling better! I had the same thing this weekend! I'm up and about today, but still not 100%! LOL! I dodged all the bugs this winter and now it hits me!

Your girls are precious! So glad you all had a great time! :)

The rug looks great! I love the ties/scarves you have on the back of the chairs! You are so talented! :)

Wishing you better health! :)
~Rhonda

Nonnas News said...

Looks like you all had a fun time together! My family started a "girls weekend" 6 years ago. We get together during the Labor Day Weekend. We always look forward to the next one!

Vee said...

Looks as if a lot of fun was had despite a cold. The grands are so cute...yours and your sister's?

Justabeachkat said...

I told you I live in Paradise. Isn't it wonderful at the beach?! I hope next time you'll come to Destin. I'd love to meet you. The photos are great...what adorable kids!

Hugs!
Kat

Mrs. B said...

Looks like you had a great time! Those kiddos are so cute! What a great idea to do an annual trip like that!

Sue said...

Your family is just beautiful. I have a Taylor grand too and we call her Ta Ta, so cute to see that you call your Taylor the same thing.
Looks like a fabulous vacation dispite the Bate's Hotel blip.
Hugs,
Sue

Judy said...

Twin grand daughters are just the best...I have some also!

It looks like a wonderful time was had by all!

Lamp Tramp said...

How fun, love all the beautiful "babies". Hope you are feling better. xoxo

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Judy, Thanks for the comments on my monkey banner! Wanted to do something different and wasn't sure how I liked it! Sure hoping that you feel better soon! It is tough having a cold in warmer weather! Hopefully yours has run it's course and you are now on the mend! Now that I feel better, I actually sound worse! LOL!

I love the ties on your chairs, and thought they looked rather rich! Love the brown fabric on brown wood! Very nice!

Hope you get plenty of rest and are feeling better real soon! :)

~Rhonda

Nonnas News said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon!! My allergies have been reaking havac on me for weeks!

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet trip. I understand those laces that say new and approved and found such a nasty place.I guess you are sweeter than me. I showed out =0,
but im glad your trip turned out good after all. Thanks for coming by and the sweet words.

Melissa Miller said...

PC is my hometown Judy!
It looks like you all had a blast.

Oh my goodness I do miss my family...:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...