January 31, 2011

Rainy Days and Mondays….

My plans to finish the headboard project were derailed this morning when daughter called to see if she could bring the twins by until their doctor appointment this afternoon.     Both of them have the sniffles and low grade fever so she decided to take them in for a check up and medicine.     Of course, I couldn’t tell her no.   We are so lucky that we live close by our daughter and her family and are (overly)-involved in their lives (LOL)!    When the twins were babies we kept them a lot but now that they are in school, not so much.    So I treasure every opportunity to spend time with them.

Jackson had a bath and then a shower (!), put a Sponge Bob bandage behind his ear and on his knee and Taylor has one on her thumb.    We’ve had biscuits, played games on the computer and watched Taylor Swift videos.    I finally talked them into spending some quiet time coloring.    

 

001

Jackson is really concentrating on coloring that picture!

 

004

Taylor is very proud of her “masterpieces” and wants to show them every chance she gets

 

007

Wrecked den….but nothing I can’t pick up after they leave

Taylor brought her children’s Bible and was reading her lesson to me from “E-pippians”  “Children obey your parents as believers in the Lord.   Obey them because it’s the right thing to do.’     (Ephesians 6:1).    She’s so cute the way she pronounced it!    She loves going to church and learning all about Jesus.  

Here’s a picture of her Bible.   If you are looking to buy a children’s Bible, I would highly recommend this one:

 

008

 

009

Inscribed inside by her pastor

 

011

And her Bible bookmark

 

Daughter just picked them up for their appointment so I’m going to try and make some headway on finishing the headboard.    It’s raining today so I’m painting in the sun room.    

Plus I’m making chicken and dumplings for supper and a pear salad….comfort food for a rainy, cold night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful day, Judy. Wish my g'kids were a tad closer. They are only about 30 minutes, away, but that is too far!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...