January 19, 2011

I Have Nothing To Blog About

I’m in a real blog slump.    I can’t seem to get motivated to do anything around the house and everywhere I look there are things that need to be done.     Guess I’ll just be like Scarlett O’Hara and “think about it tomorrow”!   

I think part of my problem is that there has been a lot of sadness around me lately.     My mom’s last surviving friend, who turned 91 last Saturday, will probably not be alive in 30 days.    She had a massive heart attack on Christmas Eve, then when she went in the hospital, they discovered she was ate up with cancer.    Her only child (he was in his 70’s) died last spring and she essentially gave up from that point on.    This is a real Christian woman but she says she’s ready to “go.”    My mama is taking it pretty hard.     Mama will be 91 in June.

Yesterday a friend of ours was murdered!    No one knows much right now but his truck was found on fire and he was on the ground a few feet away stabbed to death.    My husband just saw him at the bank last Friday.

There are also some other things going on I’m not at liberty to discuss.     A friend is having a hard time with some life changing events and needs reassurance.

I know the power of prayer and I would ask that you join me in asking God’s “peace that passeth all understanding” be felt by these precious folks and the family of our murdered friend.

16 comments:

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

I am in a slump too! At home and blog land. I am sorry about your moms friend and all of the sadness around you. Hope things get better for you.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Judy,
I'm so sorry to hear about your moms friend and your friend...please know that I will say a prayer for all of them. Hoping that the days ahead of you will be better.

Blessings,
Linda

Terri said...

Judy,
We all have those times and I appreciate your candor in sharing them with us. Hope your day is better tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Judy, I'm heart broken hearing all of these things going on with your friends. I certainly will be praying for peace for you and justice for the friend who was murdered and prayers for his family.
Bless your heart. Just take your time.
blessings,
Shelia ;)

Sarah Martina said...

I'm so saddened to hear of all that you and your family are having to go through... you've got my prayers! Lean on faith & family my dear. Hugs.

Justabeachkat said...

Oh Judy! We are thinking the same way tonight. I just did my post awhile ago on this very subject. So much sadness everywhere I look, it seems. I hope you find comfort in the song I posted tonight.

I'll include your friends in my prayers tonight.

Hugs,
Kat

Simply LKJ said...

Judy, I am so sorry to hear the sad news. We had several people we knew pass away just before Christmas, some expected, some not. It really puts things into perspective.

Southern Lady said...

I'm sorry to hear about all the sadness surrounding you these days, Judy. We, too, had some very tragic news this week about a friend's daughter.

The drab winter weather doesn't help either, does it! I'm sure things will look brighter when Spring gets here.

Tricia said...

Wow Judy- you certainly have your hands full right now. Take some time off from worrying about your blog. I think we've all been in blog slumps since the holidays so try to let it go for a few days/ week or so and everyone will be here awaiting your return. ;)

Sending you big hugs~
T

mustard seeds said...

So sorry to hear about the difficult times you are in. Praying right now for you. Joy cometh in the morning. I hope the next few weeks look up...at least a little.
Sheila

Blue Creek Home said...

Dear Judy,
When your mind is so burdened with problems and your heart is heavy, the last thing you want to do is write about ruffles and furniture. Somehow, it just seems wrong. But, how wonderful that we can ask for thoughts and prayers from our blog friends. We care!
Be still for a minute and just breath. God is in the mix and He is what will bring you through times like this.
Let me know if I can do anything to help ease the burden...I'm not that far away.
I will be praying for peace and comfort and hoping you will be energized real soon.
Rhonda

Rhiannon said...

I am so sorry to hear all of the hardships you are going throught right now. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Molly said...

This seems to be a really hard winter. I am so sorry for your friends family and your mothers dear friend.

Prayers for you all, certainly!

9405018--Pat said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your moms friend and all the sadness around you.Hang in there sending prayers your way....Pat H

Joy Junktion said...

I'm so sorry you are feeling such loss just now. I too understand as my sweet and precious hubby of 30 years went to be with Jesus on Christmas Eve. Life changes and becomes a lonely place yet God is always just a whisper away. I will pray that you feel His presence as you walk through the days ahead.
Blessings, Cindy

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Judy,
To answer your question about the temps at the beach...it has been in the 60's the last few days. If you come down to Fairhope...I wsould love to get together with you and I can tell you all the "COOL" places to go...Fairhope is loaded with awesome places!!! Coming up your way tomorrow for the BIG CELEBRATION in AUBURN...I better go and get to bed...4:30am will be here soon:) WAR EAGLE!!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...