July 11, 2008

Do You Believe In Miracles?

Tuesday afternoon Shannon and Taylor were involved in an auto accident. Shannon had taken Taylor to the doctor for follow up on her surgery a few weeks ago and had dropped Jackson off at my office while they went to the doctor. I was taking Jackson for a haircut and Shannon was meeting me at the barber shop. Unfortunately, Shannon was traveling on a street she was unfamiliar with, came to an intersection, and when she went through it, she collided with another vehicle. It is my understanding the other car flipped over before coming to land right-side up and here's what Shannon's car looked like:




As you can see, her car is pretty much totaled out.



This is the other car that was involved.


Other than being extremely shook up, NO ONE WAS HURT! Is that not a miracle? To me, it is nothing more than divine intervention.


This is how I found out: She called me on my cell phone and said "Mama, I've been in a terrible accident, you've got to get here now!" Then her phone went dead! I can tell you, my heart was in my throat. I had little Jackson in the car with me and was just at a loss as to what to do. I called her back and thank God she answered the phone. She was breathless and confused. I asked her if she and Taylor were okay and if anyone was hurt. I could hear the sirens in the background getting closer to her....she said they were okay and tried to explain where the accident was. I had a pretty good idea so I headed that way. I called David and he got from across town in 8 minutes! The sight I saw when I got there was enough to stop a mother's heart.....many police cars, several ambulances, firemedics, etc. The first thing I did was check on my babies.....Shannon was holding Taylor, the firemedics had checked both of them out - not a scratch! Taylor wanted her Pop so David took her and Jackson to his truck while we dealt with the police and unloading her car into mine. We finally got to leave and I don't think I've ever seen Shannon so upset. I had to stay calm for her and the twins but all I could think of was THANK YOU GOD.


Many times we see things like this and that's when you know a split second can change lives forever. This kind of thing puts everything else into perspective. I always hug my kids and tell them I love them but is that enough? Do I really appreciate all the goodness in my life, the wonderful life that I have, do I appreciate my home, my family, my husband and the kind of life he works hard to provide for us? In all honesty, I get so caught up in my little "wants" that I sometimes forget what's really important.

Every day, all around us, are the miracles of life. I hope I never take anything for granted again.

Give a loved one a hug, tell them you love them, call up someone just because....and I just want to say thank you to all you dear blogger friends for being here for me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy! Oh my gosh!!! When I first saw your new post I was glad you were back and then the pictures came up and my heart was in my throat! I am sooo glad everyone is ok. I know what that phone call feels like!!! You said it very well at the end of your post and I couldn't agree more. I'm sure your nerves are shot but I hope you can have a nice relaxing weekend! Sincerely, Jeannette

Unknown said...

I am so thankful for you all that no one was hurt. Cars can be repaired or replaced even though it may be inconvienent.
Your post does keep thinks in perspective~ We never know what a day will bring.
Hope you have a safe and happy day!
Diane

Unknown said...

I mean to type 'things'...sorry about the double post!

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I am glad your family is okay! Car accidents are so scary.

Linda said...

Thank you Lord for keeping Shannon and Taylor safe...thank you for this miraacle!

Nonnas News said...

Oh IM so glad to know that no one was injured! I know exactly what you were feeling. I had the same thing happen a couple of years ago. I found my son in a ditch! His car was totalled, he had been hit by a huge logging truck! The EMT lady told me there had to be an angel in the car with him. I know it was a miracle that he came away with only a few bruises and stitches on his forehead.

His Doorkeeper said...

OH.MY.GOODNESS! Cars can be replaced but daughters..never! Thank goodness she is fine!

Those calls can be nerve-wracking, right??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...