May 1, 2008

Peek Inside....

I'm so sick and tired of this cold! Today I decided to get off the sofa and take a few pictures to post. Of course, after I loaded them, I accidently deleted the one below of my son and myself so it's out of order.


The little picture in the middle is of me and Shane when he was 2 1/2 months old (I can't believe I'm posting this one!) The one to the right of that is me and Shane at a birthday celebration a couple of years ago.

I love decorating with books, especially old ones. The pictures above and below are just a few I have on the bookcase in the den.
Some of you real observant girls can see that a couple of my "books" are faux ones from Kirklands but they look good!
On the other bookcase, I have groupings of family photos. I hate these turned out so dark because they span quite a few years of my children's lives. On the far left is Shannon as a little girl, the middle one is a senior pictures and of course the far right one is her wedding picture. (Well, I just deleted the ones of Shane when he was little so they will go at the top of this post)
Sideboard in den behind sofa





The "old world plate" is a $1.87 charger from Hobby Lobby!


Oops! Please disregard the cords in the name of modern technology!

This is the neatest chair...it really is much prettier in person. We got it at auction and had it recovered in one of my favorite fabrics.


Now for some of the things on my mantle (or is it mantel - I can never remember). As you can see, I am not a believer in "less is more"!





Yes, that's a fake topiary that has seen better days - I see that I need to do something about that


My husband picked out the picture above and I have a much nicer one to go over the mantle/mantel but it stays there for him! (More cords and picture light crooked - but that's real life)

Of course, this is the dining room which ya'll have seen a lot lately

Looking out of the dining room you can see the kitchen and den

I love this mirror!

I tried to change out the paper "placemats" and table setting but hubby likes it so I'll leave it for now.

I hope ya'll enjoyed your little visit. Right now my sunroom is a holding place for stuff for a yard sale so once I get that back in shape, I'll post pics of that room. It's like a 2nd den for me. I'm hoping to get kitchen and kitchen cabinets done soon and can't wait to see how that turns out. It seems I never get my entire house "done" at one time....I know that a lot of you feel my "pain" in that regard!


Blessings to you all!


18 comments:

Tara said...

Judy

I could easily have a cold and spend the day bundled up in this lovely room...the print by your sideboard is my favorite!

We just returned from a trip to Charleston, I really think I was a southern belle in another life instead of a New Yorker because noone knows comfort like someone from the South!!

:0)
Tara

Rue said...

Hi Judy :)

Your home is so beautiful. Every nook and crany that I've seen is oustanding.

I love the music you've chosen for your blog.

Have a beautiful night,
rue :)

Swampgirl said...

I really enjoyed your pictures today! I'm not a minimalist either, so I love to see how you have layered thungs on. I'm working on a room with gold walls, your dining room has given me food for thought. The pug pillow in your favorite chair is the best!

Puttin' On The GRITS said...

I see a distressed louvered door tucked in the back of one of those photos- love it!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I enjoyed seeing the pictures of your pretty home! So many things to love, the painting flanked by the shutters, the chair, love the old books (I have some of those faux ones too).

Manuela

Oliver's said...

You have such a warm and inviting home. The bookends are my favorite. Paula

Mrs. B said...

Hi Judy! Well, I can tell you that if I were sick there wouldn't be a single thing I could take a picture of because everything would be too much of a mess! Your house looks beautiful! I especially love the dining room. Very nice!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Such loveliness here! Thanks for the peek!

Happy day,
Melissa

bj said...

Oh, Judy...I adore your house. I, too, believe that the MORE THE BETTER...I can't get too much on my walls or my tables....I just LUV STUFF !
As for getting your house "all done at once"...it ain't gonna happen, girlfriend. 'Sides...that's part of the fun...planning something else to do!!
hugs, bj

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Judy, so sorry that you still are not up to par! I hope you will be rid of this cold soon! Your house is just beautiful! I love all of your decorative boxes/planters! This wouldn't be such a bad place to be sick in...if you have to be sick! "smiles"

Take care of yourself! ~Rhonda

Nonnas News said...

I hope your cold is better soon. Ive been fighting allergies myself for weeks. Your home is beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Lamp Tramp said...

Judy...all so beautiful, makes me want to move right in. Hope you are feeling better. I tagged you!

Far From Perfect said...

Hi, Found my way to you through Lamp Tramp. Your home is beautiful. Women from th the South have a great/beautiful sense of comfort in a home. I could use you to zip my place up a bit.

joyh82 said...

Your place is decorated so nicely!
Great pictures.

david mcmahon said...

G'day from Australia,

Great bookends, great furniture, great selection of books. And as someone who was brought up on Readers Digest Condensed Books, I just spotted one in one of your photos .....

Mama said...

Love your style! Please come over and visit me anytime -- you're one of my favorites.
Janera

Unknown said...

what great pictures! I am enjoying your blog!

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Hi, Judy! What a lovely home--and lovely blog! Thanks for stopping by Hooked on Houses and taking the time to leave a comment.

I don't know if you saw the message I left for you in the comments of today's post over at my blog, but I've been trying to contact you since yesterday. I wrote you an e-mail, but it keeps bouncing back for some reason. So I tried to leave a comment here instead. Unfortunately, it's set so you have to have a Blogger blog to leave one, and I blog with Wordpress.

Not one to be deterred, I set up a Blogger account just so I can leave messages on blogs like yours from now on! I'm so proud of myself for figuring out how to do this. (Shh, don't tell Blogger I'm not really going to set up a blog with them!) Ha.

I enjoyed reading your blog. You were brave to show the contents of your fridge. I'd have to spend a day cleaning and staging mine first before I dared to do that.

Julia :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...