May 23, 2008

Garden Wedding

Last weekend was sooo very busy! On Saturday we had the twins 4th birthday party. Then on Sunday Shannon's sister-in-law (husband's little sister) got married in her parents' home in the garden. Both days were perfect weather for outdoor activities.....not to hot, just absolutely perfect for being outdoors. Taylor was one of three flower girls....her other grandmother had bought their little dresses to match the bridesmaids dresses, which were strapless daffodil yellow sundresses. While the wedding was not an extravagent event, its simplicity and setting were beautiful just the same.


This picture is out of order. I somehow deleted it during editing (which I'm bad about doing) but I loved it for what it represents and I wanted to be sure it was included in the wedding pictures.






Shannon and Kayla

When Kayla was in high school she was in a beauty pagent. Kayla was only 8 years old when Shannon and Don (Kayla's brother) started dating so she's known Shannon almost all her life. She was asked to nominate the person she admired most and she choose Shannon. Kayla said that she admired Shannon for not only her outward beauty, but for her inner beauty and kindness and that she hoped she could be like Shannon when she grew up. This picture captures the love these two have for each other.

When we got to the bride's home, Shannon had rolled Taylor's hair and she was waiting to be "beautified"...


Little pink toenails (polish got a little smeared)



I just had to take this picture of the bride-to-be as she peeked in the bathroom to see how Taylor was doing (look at her tan!)


Taylor is waiting patiently for her hair to dry Taylor looks like she's tired of all the primping


Two beauties - Taylor and Kayla



Taylor gets a kiss from mommy



Almost ready with just a touch of lip gloss

Seating outdoors - it was so pretty



Jackson loves his daddy and his daddy loves him!




Is it time yet?


Here she comes!




With this ring....




Kayla and her dad

Just married!

This is the part the groom liked!

Happy Couple


Taylor and Paw-Paw



Tables and chairs set up in the back


Grooms cake (he is an avid fisherman - can't you tell?)


Is that a chocolate fountain I see?





Close up of groom's cake


Bride's cake (Italian Creme Cheese - yummy)!



Kayla and Joey - May you always be as happy as you are today!


11 comments:

Vee said...

Oh it all looks so lovely! Beautiful bride, handsome groom, adorable flower girl...what more does a wedding need?

PAT said...

What a beautiful wedding. Gorgeous bride and a cutie pie for a flower girl. I've always thought outdoor wedding were so wonderful!

Pat

Picket said...

Ohhhh what a beautiful post...ohhh that was wonderful...the outdor setting was gorgeous and the beautiful bride and groom look like something right out of a magazine...and the princess flower girl was precious!!!! Thanks for coming by and for the sweet comment...I am sorry about your sister..I will call her her name..I know that must be heart wrenching...You mentioned being kin! I use to think I was kin to everybody in Alabama..we had so many relatives! lol I was born and raised here and lived in TN, MS,LA, and Kansas during our Air Force years but always came back here and now we have been settled here for 22 yrs...My maiden name is Smith so you can imagine how many relatives I have!! lol lol You can call me cousin if you want to! lol lol Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

Nancy Rosalina said...

Nothing like a Summer wedding!!! I am going to show my husband that fish cake, he will love that! Nancy

Nonnas News said...

Looks like such a lovely wedding! I just love spring weddings outside! Your daughter, Taylor and the bride are all just beautiful!!

Mrs. B said...

Everyone looks so beautiful! I especially love those little tiny pink toes! So cute!

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

What a sweet wedding! The bride and flower girl were both just beautiful! Love Taylor's little yellow and white dress! I always wanted an outdoor wedding!

I laughed out loud when I read about your chi hot iron! Do you use the Chi Silk Infusion with it? Wonderful, miracle stuff! My husband was washing his hair with his ONE bottle of Head & Shoulders shampoo/conditioner combo, while I was drying my hair. I started counting the hair products from wash to hair spray, and it takes SEVEN products to make these tresses beautiful! LOLOL! ...or should I just say somewhat, presentable! I have one product I use in the roots up top, to give me volume, and another on the sides to make it straight...LOL!

Have a great holiday weekend! ~Rhonda ;)

Deleted said...

I found my way to your Blog through Picket's Place. I fell in love with your theme..."American by birth, Southern by the grace of God." This Birmingham born gal truly understands! Thanks for letting me peek at this wedding. Beautiful bride! Warmly, K

Justabeachkat said...

Wow...so fun to see the wedding through your photos! Everything was so beautiful!

Hugs!
Kat

Melissa Lester said...

What a lovely, perfect day!

Jessica said...

What a beautiful wedding and a beautiful family! The cake looked amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...