February 6, 2011

Having Your Cake & Eating It Too!

If you've been reading my blog you know that I started back on Weight Watchers last week.    I'm happy to report that I've already lost about 3 1/2 pounds!    I'm been making better choices about what I eat and drinking lots of water.    Lucky for me that daughter and SIL own a bottled water company so I get my 16 oz. bottles from them and add a little flavor to them.    My favorite one called Peach Mango Green Tea found at Wal Mart (and it's the WM brand).....it adds 0 points to my water and tastes great.   

I worried that I would have to say goodbye to desserts but there are so many great alternatives to the sugar-overloaded desserts that I'm drawn to.     One I made last night is out of this world and only 4 points per serving.    Here's the recipe:

Easy Pineapple-Orange Cream Cake

1 (15 1/4 oz) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained

1 (18.25 oz) package yellow cake mix

1 (11 oz) can mandarin oranges in light syrup, drained

1/2 cup egg substitute

1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise

Cooking spray

1 (12 oz) container frozen fat-free whipping topping, thawed

1 (1 oz) package sugar-free vanilla instant pudding mix

1.   Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2.   Drain pineapple, reserving juice, set pineapple aside

3.   Combine reserved pineapple juice, cake mix, mandarin oranges, egg substitute and mayo in a large bowl.   Beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended.   Pour batter into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray

4.   Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.   Cool in wire rack.

5.   Combine drained pineapple, whipped topping and vanilla pudding mix in a medium bowl, beat at low speed just until blended.    Spread pineapple mixture evenly over top of cake.   Cover and store cake in refrigerator.   Yield:  18 servings.

 

ww cake 005

 

ww cake 007

 

ww cake 006

 

ww cake 009

 

So good you'll want to slap yo mama....well, not really slap her but you know what I mean!

 

From comments I'm getting it seems like a lot of ya'll are trying to eat better and exercise more as well as being on Weight Watchers like me.    I'm thinking about having a weekly post where I share my progress and recipes....would anyone be interested in joining me?     We could have a recipe swap for weight loss!     Any takers?     If so, just leave me a comment or shoot me an e-mail and I'll get the party started!

12 comments:

Rachel @ day2day joys said...

You can also make pumpkin muffins. Use a spice cakemix and a can of pumpkin. It will be VERY think. Scoop into muffin pan. They're 2 pts each I believe. Yum!

Terri Steffes said...

Yes, I would be interested in joining your weight loss group!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Judy,
Okay...there are four things that I like about this cake...EASY...PINEAPPLE...ORANGE and LOW CAL!!! I have just printed this one and will be making it this week...Mr.CC and I say THANKS!!! I have lost 4 lbs. and hubs has lost 5 lbs....congrats on your loss:) A weekly weight loss group sounds great...count me in!

Blessings,
Linda

Christie Smith said...

YUMMMMMMM! Can you post how many points + that is?!?! I too have joined and lost 14 lbs.... however with all these snow days it may be more UGH!!!

Justabeachkat said...

I'm not doing WW, but I'm counting calories and exercising more. I'll participate in any way I can. Is it possible to get the calorie count on your recipes or do you only have the points? This recipe sounds so yummy.

Let's all encourage each other.

Hugs,
Kat

Picket said...

Ohhhhh girl...I love anything with pineapple in it...I am copying and pasteing as I type!!!! lol lol Congrats on your weight loss...that is awesome! keep posting these kinds of great recipes cause my family eats this stuff too and they don't even realize they are on weight watchers with me!!! lol lol Ohhh girl I took one of those taco wraps this morning and added scrambled eggs...precooked bacon..and ham...oh my word it was glorious...had a few grapes and I was good to go...let's see McDonalds top that! This will be be our year girl..keep up the good work and keep those recipes coming! Picket

Debbie L. said...

Yes indeed I would like to join! I used to be a size 8 and now up to a 12 and want to look and feel better.

That pineapple cake recipe looks delish! Thanks Judy!

Count me in too!
Debbie L.

EFT Therapy said...

It sounds and looks oh so yummy!

AverettLadyNana said...

I used to make the fat version this cake and love it so much. Hadn't made it in years. Bought ingredients to make it last week...but haven't yet. I'll have to change the ingredients and make it this way! As once I eat a piece I can't stop. Back home it was called "Pig Pickin Cake". I knew several people who made it at hog killing time when the neighbors would gather to help with the hog killing, butchering, putting the hams down to cure, rendering the fat for lard, etc. The women fixing food for the men doing the nasty work.

Anonymous said...

That looks delicious, I may have to try it! Pineapples are one of my favorites! :)
I also just posted my WW dinner from tonight on my blog.

Picket said...

Girl I made that cake!!!!!! Oh my word!!! I just tweaked mine alittle...used a 20 ounce can of pineapple and I cut mine into 16 pieces...5 points each and WORTH EVERY POINT!!!!!! lol My family loves it!!!! Give us some more!!!! Picket

Amy said...

Yeah! Thank you for sharing! I just turned 40 and just started Weight Watchers too. I have really been enjoying all the endless yummy recipes. My girls and I just bake some yummy chocolate chip cookies the other day and I could them guilt free!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...