If you've been reading my blog you know that I started back on Weight Watchers last week. I'm happy to report that I've already lost about 3 1/2 pounds! I'm been making better choices about what I eat and drinking lots of water. Lucky for me that daughter and SIL own a bottled water company so I get my 16 oz. bottles from them and add a little flavor to them. My favorite one called Peach Mango Green Tea found at Wal Mart (and it's the WM brand).....it adds 0 points to my water and tastes great.
I worried that I would have to say goodbye to desserts but there are so many great alternatives to the sugar-overloaded desserts that I'm drawn to. One I made last night is out of this world and only 4 points per serving. Here's the recipe:
Easy Pineapple-Orange Cream Cake
1 (15 1/4 oz) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
1 (18.25 oz) package yellow cake mix
1 (11 oz) can mandarin oranges in light syrup, drained
1/2 cup egg substitute
1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
1 (12 oz) container frozen fat-free whipping topping, thawed
1 (1 oz) package sugar-free vanilla instant pudding mix
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Drain pineapple, reserving juice, set pineapple aside
3. Combine reserved pineapple juice, cake mix, mandarin oranges, egg substitute and mayo in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Pour batter into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in wire rack.
5. Combine drained pineapple, whipped topping and vanilla pudding mix in a medium bowl, beat at low speed just until blended. Spread pineapple mixture evenly over top of cake. Cover and store cake in refrigerator. Yield: 18 servings.
So good you'll want to slap yo mama....well, not really slap her but you know what I mean!
From comments I'm getting it seems like a lot of ya'll are trying to eat better and exercise more as well as being on Weight Watchers like me. I'm thinking about having a weekly post where I share my progress and recipes....would anyone be interested in joining me? We could have a recipe swap for weight loss! Any takers? If so, just leave me a comment or shoot me an e-mail and I'll get the party started!