November 10, 2010

Rug Is Here Along With Another Surprise

My rug arrived today from Overstock.com.    Right now it’s rolled up in the dining room since we are packing tonight to leave in the morning for our little getaway.      When it was delivered, husband had the UPS man (who is a friend of ours) help lay it down to see if it would fit and it does!    Yay!!!    Now, I can’t wait to get back and get it laid out and get my dining room put back together.

 

022

 

023

 

It looks so good that I’m going to order another one for the den but get the border in “natural”.     Then I’ll put the one that’s currently in the den in my sun room.   

 

My other little surprise was this great “old” dough bowl I recently ordered.    I have a small dough bowl but have loved the size of the bigger ones I’ve seen around blogland and the internet but didn’t love the price.  

 

 

WINDWARD TRAY

Here’s the photo from their catalog.    It’s a generous size…25 1/2” long x 8 1/4 “ wide x 4” high.     The catalog calls this a Windward Tray but it looks to me like an old dough bowl.

 

Not long ago I got this catalog from Through The Country Door and guess what I found inside?      This is good size dough bowl and I can’t tell you how pleased I am with it.     It truly resembles an old dough bowl…..I can just imagine all the ways I can use it all year long.

 

024

Can you believe its size?    And look at that texture!  

 

028

 

032

   

I just put some faux pears in it tonight…no time to decorate but I couldn’t leave it “bare” while I’m gone.      You can order your own bowl here or just go ahead and get yourself one of these catalogs….lots of great things at very reasonable prices.

 

We’ll be on the road bright and early in the morning, should have wonderful weather.     See ya’ll later!

7 comments:

Simply LKJ said...

Can't wait to see the room come back together. I love the rug, and the dough bowl. Have a great trip.

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

I like your new rug--looking forward to seeing the room. Have a great trip! Linda

Lamp Tramp said...

New rug looks great! Do you have any info/insight as far as softness to bare feet since you have a few different sisal rugs. I really want to buy one online and just can't make my mind up one THE one. I love the dough bowl, have always admired them. It looks great filled with your faux pears, had to laugh about you doing that out-the-door-decorating as you are about to leave on your trip. Your hubby must be very patient and understanding of your designitis!
Have a great trip.

Anonymous said...

Love the rug and the bowl. I've been wanting to find a great bowl like that, too. I like the Country Door catalogs.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Judy, it looks just like mine! I think you'll really enjoy this one.

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Judy. I love the new rug and I can't wait to see some pictures of it when your done. I've never even seen or heard of a dough bowl before. LOL. I guess they had those way before my time huh? I hope you have a good time on your getaway. I know I sure could use a getaway, but I don't see that happening any time soon. Take care my friend and have a great upcoming week.

Love and hugs,

Karen H.

kara@elements-interiors.net said...

Hi Judy! I just found your blog and am Loving it! I LOVE Overstock!!! I have an Interior Design blog and im doing 14 days of Christmas trees...would love for you to stop by..Im doing a GIVEAWAY too

*ENTER PAMPERING Give-Away Here *


xoxokara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...