November 29, 2010

My Christmas Mantle

I’m joining the party over at Layla’s showing off my Christmas mantle.    

 

Holiday_Home_Banner_3

 

While I love the look of all white for Christmas, it’s not feasible for me to change up all my reds, greens and golds for an all white look.    I do have that look in my dining room and will share that later.      Also, my den lends itself to the more traditional colors I’ve been using for years.    So with that being said, I’d love to share my 2010 Christmas mantle….

 

christmas mantle 2010 006

I changed up the garland a little bit this year, swagging a large one in front of the mantle and then placing one along the top as well.

 

christmas mantle 2010 005

 

 

christmas mantle 2010 007

 

christmas mantle 2010 008

I wish I knew how to make those big gorgeous bows but I confess, I buy mine pre-made!

 

christmas mantle 2010 010

 

christmas mantle 2010 011

 

 

christmas mantle 2010 012

Two new additions this year…nutcrackers.    I liked these two little guys and might buy a few more and start a new collection (like I need something else to collect!)

 

christmas mantle 2010 013

Put Santa Claus on the mantle for the grandkids

 

christmas mantle 2010 015

 

christmas mantle 2010 016

 

christmas mantle 2010 021

Saw an urn done similar to this one in one of Mary Carol Garrity’s Christmas books a few years ago….it stays up year round and I just add the green ornaments at Christmas

 

christmas mantle 2010 023

And finally a little glimpse of my tree.

 

Hope you enjoyed seeing my Christmas mantle.    I’ll be sharing a few vingettes over at Rhoda’s later this week….hope to see you then!

18 comments:

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Your 2010 Christmas mantle is absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to see everything else when it done.

Justabeachkat said...

GORGEOUS! I'm busy working on my mantle too. Loved seeing yours.

Hugs,
Kat

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

It's so pretty, Judy! Looks great on your fireplace. I love that urn with the balls added. You've been busy getting your tree up already. I've been lazy this year & decided not to drag down my big tree. I'm doing 3 little ones & that's it. Glad you're joining my party too!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

What an awesome mantel! I love nutcrackers and your garland is one of the prettiest ones I've seen!

Nancy Hood said...

Beautiful, Judy, naturally :) Have a grand week and enjoy this cooler weather!

Anonymous said...

Your mantel is beautiful Judy. I love the traditional colors.

Becca's Dirt said...

Gorgeous. Very festive. Love the santa.

ROLL TIDE! Auburn sure did good though. They have had a dynamite year. Alabama did last year.

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

It is so pretty!! I love the red!!

DIYbyDesign said...

What a beautiful mantle. I love everything you did. I could show you how to make those bows. I may do a tutorial on it this month. Believe it or not they are easier than you would think. I linked over from the lettered cottage holiday mantle party. I hope you check out my blog at www.diybydesign.blogspot.com if you get a chance. Thanks.

The Pineapple Room said...

Judy...love your mantel and nutcrackers are my favorite! I cheat on my bows..they make this really cool gadget from the craft store called the bowdabra, it has instructions and dowels that you use..super easy and you can use your own ribbon. Thanks for the heads up on the Mantel Party, I had no idea

Blue Creek Home said...

You are right, this room looks great with the traditional red and green colors of Christmas. I love the big red bows - love the big mirror too.
I can't wait to see your white decorations.

Anonymous said...

This is just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing it!

Unknown said...

looks great! i love your nutcrackers i need to get some I dont have any and always love seeing them!

Maggie Lamarre said...

My fav things for the
Holiday season is the Nutcrackers I collect them.
Gorgeous Mantle.
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!!! You CAN make those wonderful bows...I bought the bow-da-bra (I know, I know) a few years ago and its soo simple and way cheaper.
Love your blog!
September

Katherine said...

So pretty, that swag in the front really shines!

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

How pretty!! I love your mantle! The bows look gorgeous there! Great job.

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

This is so beautiful! The added urn is my favorite! Thank you for linking up to "Amaze Me Monday" blog party. Hope to see you next week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...