December 7, 2009

Traditional Outdoor Christmas

I have used traditional reds and greens in my outdoor decorating for many years.      I just love the way that color combination works.    Although I really haven’t done that much decorating inside or out this year, I did put a few things outside.    I hope you enjoy your tour of my outdoor decorations.

 

more christmas 2009 013

Front door wreath.    This is just an old wreath I’ve had for many  years that I dressed up with some red balls and a big red bow.

more christmas 2009 012

 

more christmas 2009 005

I used a simple lighted garland and tied a bow on my bench.     If you’d like to see the story of this bench re-do and burlap pillow, you can read about that here.

more christmas 2009 006

(Excuse the extension cords….I didn’t realize they showed in this pic!)

more christmas 2009 009

Wall planter filled with pieces of greenery and large Christmas ornaments I started buying a couple of years ago.    It really looks pretty spotlighted at night.

 

more christmas 2009 008

And finally my garden gate.     This cone shaped planter I picked up on our recent road trip (read about that here).    We stopped on Saturday morning at a yard sale and I got it for $5.00!   

more christmas 2009 007

I will have to replace the red picks next year-- they are looking kinda sad.    I got them at Kirkland’s a couple of years ago on a trip to Biloxi.     I just stuck them in the planter….doesn’t get any easier than that!

more christmas 2009 010

And that’s it for my outside decorations.     Check back later this week when I’ll be taking you on a tour of the inside of my home.    Can’t wait to show you the gorgeous tray on my dining room table!

17 comments:

Bama Belle said...

Breathtaking I adore that wreath!!! You did a wonderful job. Oh, I am drooling over that
fleur de lis pillow as well. We are going to have to talk about how you did that!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Judy,
I looove that awesome cone...what a deal you got at $5.00!!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Simply LKJ said...

I too always loved the traditional green and red, but when we decided to paint our shutters a pretty blue gray a couple years ago...I wasn't loving it anymore. Now we have blue gray ribbons with a hint of gold and gold woven into our garland on the front door as well. What a steal! $5!! WOW!! I am going to try really soon to start my own blog...have so many pics I'd love to share but haven't had time to sit and figure this all out!

Nancy Hood said...

Love that $5 steal, girl! and the way you hung the balls on the wreath! Cute!!

Melissa Miller said...

Beautiful wreath and bench Judi!

Enjoy this joyous season! ~Melissa :)

Rhonda said...

I'm loving that garden gate! All your decor is so lovely.

Gypsy Heart said...

It's all beautiful! I love red & green. The bench and pillow are neat to see again too! Can't wait to see your home ~

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Your weather is obviously more mild than mine! If I put such lovely decor on the outside of my house it would be blown apart within moments! Beautiful! Janell

susan said...

Love the way you outlined the bench! Very pretty!

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Fabulous cone! ...and for $5.00...doesn't get any better than that! Looks great on the gate! Really like the garland on the bench, too! I may just have to "borrow" that idea! :) ~Hugs, Rhonda

Melissa's Thoughts said...

I just love your decorations. My favorite is the bench. I love a place to sit on the porch, but the cone is amazing. $5.00...really? Holy Cow.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Pretty, Judy! I love your wreath with the balls and all your outdoor things.

Dena Pickle said...

Very nice! The wreath is beautiful!I love to decorate outdoors as much as in!

Dena

Together We Save said...

Wow - these decorations are beautiful!!

9405018--Pat said...

What a wonderful job....thanks for sharing...Pat H

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I really really love your bench!!! Very unique and so pretty. :) Visiting from Rhoda's. :)

nannykim/spindlecottage said...

I love those red bulbs hanging from your wreath--so striking!! had to laugh about the cord--I do that all of the time. In my Christmas home post there are tons of bluppers!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...