December 9, 2009

Classic Christmas Dining Room

I can’t tell ya’ll how much I love my dining room with its soothing neutrals and dark woods.    It has really been a privilege to decorate it this year for Christmas.   I found that less really is more in such a calming environment.   

 

christmas 2009 019

Mahogany chest next to the window.    Like my “custom” drapes?   You can read about those here.      I picked up the curly iron candlestick at a yard sale for $1.00 when we were in Decatur, Alabama.

christmas 2009 020

This sweet little pitcher is from my uncle’s home.    He was a fabulous collector of china.

more christmas 2009 016

 

christmas 2009 021

 

more christmas 2009 031

View of my dining room from the kitchen door.    I lit the candles just for you!    

Christmas 12-8-09 016

Love, love, love this tray.    I sprayed it with Almond satin.    It is the tray that matches the coffee and tea set a few pictures down.    Those are painted with Heirloom White but I didn’t have any on hand so I used the Almond….almost a perfect match.

Christmas 12-8-09 018

 

more christmas 2009 033

    Christmas 12-8-09 011

 

christmas 2009 006

Can you spy what’s different in this picture from some above?    I took this picture before I put the glass candlesticks on the white tray using the Heirloom White coffee/tea set in place of the tureen with white ornaments.      When I decided to use the candlesticks, I moved the tureen back to on the sideboard the put the coffee/tea set in the kitchen (you’ll see that in another post).

christmas 2009 014

 

christmas 2009 015

The pair of deer above I picked up last year at Walgreen’s for around $10.00.   

christmas 2009 016

My favorite piece in the dining room is this large tureen.    I love everything about it…..its size, its color, those darling handles…..

I’m joining the party at Rhoda’s so check out all the Christmas inspiration there.

I’ll be posting pictures of my kitchen in a day or two.    Still tweaking in there!

21 comments:

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

This is truly beautiful! I love everything about it! The candlesticks on the tray are so stunning! LOVE that tureen!!!! And the cloche!!

Beautiful job!

Lou Cinda

Nancy Hood said...

wow, love this, Judy! not sure which I liked best - the table arrangement by the window or the candles on the tray! beautiful :)

Lindsey said...

everything is so lovely!! I want to have Christmas dinner in our dinning room! ;)

duchess said...

So pretty! Love the candles.

Anonymous said...

I am in love with your cloche!! What a pretty idea!! The candlesticks on the tray are just lovely also!! So very pretty-

blessings
mary

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

All gorgeous, Judy!! I love that HUGE tureen, that was a great find. So glad you joined the party.

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

It's absolutely gorgeous, Judy! You've given me an idea for one of my cloches and, of course, I love the tureen!

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

Your decorations are lovely! That little pitcher in the cloche is the cutest thing I have seen. Happy holidays!
Andrea

9405018--Pat said...

This is soooo lovely, your home is beautiful...thanks for sharing..pat h

Debbie said...

I love all the soothing white. Its hard for me to do that, since I have mostly red and gold things. I think I might have to work on getting some though. Beautiful. Blessings, Debbie

Simply LKJ said...

Simply elegant!! Love it. Love the tea set and tray painted...I need to keep that in mind.

Rue said...

Gorgeous!! That tray with the candles is especially stunning!

rue

Melanie said...

I really love the pitcher and the story behind it. I am sentimental about special pieces like that. Everything is looking wonderful and thanks for lighting the candles just for us:)

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

It looks beautiful!
~Michelle

His Doorkeeper said...

LOVE, love, love those candlesticks in the middle of your table! Great look!

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Melissa Miller said...

Judy I just adore your elegant and serene dining room. So lovely!

Enjoy this joy filled season!
~Warmly, Melissa :)

Melissa Miller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Norma Lee @ Norma Lee Good said...

What a great tureen! Your pieces are beautiful. YOu have a great collection. Merry Christmas.

Kristi said...

Judy, I haven't chatted in a while, but I still love your blog and your decorating! Was the tray you painted a silver? I have been picking up old silver trays in efforts to get them restored... some I have and some I haven't. That would be a great idea to paint the ones that are beyond help!

Bama Belle said...

Judy, that is just beautiful! I love it. You are so talented my sweet friend!

prashant said...

the table arrangement by the window or the candles on the tray

How to make a website

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...