We F-I-N-A-L-L-Y got the headboard cut out! Today
we hubby added a piece to the back which bulked up the arch so the nail head trim would have something thick enough to nail into….does that make sense? If I showed you pics of the progress it would make even less sense (LOL)! But he knows what he’s doing and I’m just rolling with it! We have to secure the “legs” to the back and then I can add the foam and finally the drop cloth and nail heads and the room will be DONE! Well, done except for hanging pictures, etc.
Here is the shape we cut out. During the final reveal I’ll tell the unusual item we used as a pattern for the headboard….it isn’t exactly identical on each side but once I add the fabric you won’t be able to tell.
In these photos it’s simply propped up on the top mattress so it’s a little higher than it will be once it’s finished. But you can get a general idea of how it will look….of course, this is the raw wood stage. (That shadow you see is the chandy…how distracting)!