July 11, 2012

Today Was A Good Day

For starters, it was my son’s birthday!   He turned 38!!!  Of course, now I can no longer say I’m 40, so I’m going to be 42 instead (just joking, of course I didn’t have him when I was 4)!   I usually call him at 8:11 a.m. every year on his birthday (the time he was born) but I slept in and didn’t wake up until 8:50 so I was late calling him…every year he acts like it’s no big deal if I don’t call at 8:11 but today he said “I see you missed the time today”…so maybe he doesn’t mind at all.

Also, on tap today was my lunch with my former boss.    I’m hoping I can share all the drama that occurred 6 weeks ago which caused me to lose my job soon.    I have fretted and worried for days about how to go about this meeting and talked to several friends and my husband about what to say and how to act.    Of course, everything depended on his attitude.    The main thing I did was pray and ask God to give me the words to say and how to say them.     I’m happy to report that our lunch couldn’t have gone better if I’d scripted it myself!     I got to say what needed to be said and he gave me the respect I felt I deserved.     He even went so far as to tell me that he would be calling me to come back to work in the future!    Of course, now that I’m “retired” I’m not so sure I want to go back…but when and if he calls, I will definitely give it some consideration.     Then when I got home he sent me a nice follow up e-mail.    I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders….the next week should bring about some changes I’ve been wanting since my job ended.   Thank you to everyone who encouraged me with your comments.    I am truly blessed to have such wonderful blog friends.

Let’s lighten things up, shall we?    My sweet granddaughter was at church camp this past week.    Last night her mama got a text from one of her camp counselors saying that Taylor had gone up front during the alter call and accepted Jesus!    When I told hubby today, I could tell he teared up.    Tonight we went out to eat with her and her mama and when Pop told her he cried when he heard that, she said “I cried too Pop”.    I’m so proud of her.    

6 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I got sidetracked reading your other stories and almost forgot to come back. It sounds like you had a wonderful day and I am glad your meeting went well. xo Diana

Diana said...

What a sweet story! I'm glad you're meeting went well, too! Have a great rest of your week! :)

Diana said...

And that would be "your" not "you're". ;)

Cheri said...

Gee Judy I'm getting all misty eyed about Taylor...how wonderful.

Sonny G said...

I am so happy things have worked out for you.. Often the stress of over thinking things is the worst part.

Be Happy, you deserve it.

locksmith parramatta said...

Wow. This is a good read. Great story telling. It was quite fun reading it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...