July 25, 2012

Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler

Today I’m sharing a fabulous recipe my daughter recently made.    She found it on Pinterest so I’m linking it to the link on her Pinterest page.    

strawberry cream cheese cobbler

(source)

Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler!

  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 tsp baking pwdr
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 quarts strawberries, washed & capped
  • 4 oz. cream cheese, cut in small pieces

Preheat oven to 350 F.      Melt butter & pour into a 9x13 baking dish.     In a small bowl, mix egg, milk, flour, sugar, baking powder & salt.     Pour over the butter, but do not stir.    Add the strawberries & cream cheese pieces. Bake for 45 minutes, or until top is golden.

This stuff is heavenly!    I know it’s too hot to heat up the kitchen but this cobbler is well worth the effort.

 

I’m knee deep in decluttering and getting ready for a yard sale.    I’ve spent the better part of 4 days in my son’s old room (which had become a hoarder’s paradise) throwing out, sorting, and purging.    Last Saturday hubby and I cleaned out our two (!) storage buildings and went to our house in the country which is basically used for MORE storage to get more junk stuff.     We’re staging it at my mom’s empty house so we can go over and set up & get things priced in our spare time.     Now I just have to tackle the closet in son’s room to make it a craft/office storage area, buy a new bed & bedding and I’ll be done with that project.     I’m in  purging mode so I have to take advantage of being in that frame of mind.    Next up will be the laundry room.   

Still haven’t decided on a new chair for our den but I’m really liking the  Jennylund by Ikea (thanks Kelly for the suggestion).   

 

ektorp-jennylund-chair__58694_PE164179_S4

 

I  also like the gray and white checks

ektorp-jennylund-chair__0096917_PE237066_S4

AND the dark gray

ektorp-jennylund-chair__0137406_PE295637_S4

 

We’ve had so much going on this summer it’s been hard to find time to head to Atlanta to get my sofa but maybe things will slow down in the next few weeks and I can get over there.

Better get off my hiney and get some more purging done!

8 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I have been doing the same thing. I ended up taking a huge trailer full of stuff (read that as junk) to Goodwill. It feels good!!!! xo Diana

Mary Ann Pickett said...

That looks so yummy. Hope you like the IKEA chair!

Diana said...

That looks delicious! I'm definitely making it, thanks for sharing!

Lilly Forever! said...

The cobbler looks delicious. Don't you love Pinterest!

aimee {sixteen fourteen} said...

That cobbler looks amazing! I've been looking for a strawberry recipe. Also, don't you LOVE purging? Good luck with your many projects. :)

sarah@homeismore said...

I follow you but don't normally comment- we have that ikea chair and I do want to tell you it's not very comfortable. I think it has to do with the height and stiffness of the cushion, it always makes me feel like I'm sitting nearly parallel with the top of the arm rests. It's not a sink in and get comfy type chair. Just my opinion of course, passing it along for the 2 cents it worth;)

Betty@SouthernGrace said...

Newest follower! Excited to find your blog and can't wait to try that cobbler! Hope you'll come visit me too.
~betty

gatorgirl84 said...

What type of flour are you using self rising or all purpose?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...