July 9, 2012

New Chair and Shell Prints

Saturday while we were out thrifting and antiquing we stopped by TJ Maxx so I could show hubby a chair I’d seen in there a while back.    I’d been wanting to replace one in the den with one that would fit in with my white slipcovered sofa (when I get it).    He liked it so we brought it home…it fits perfect!    He doesn’t think we should remove the tag yet as he thinks I’m going to change my mind (he THINKS he knows me – ha!) so I’ll cut it off later.

 

005

As you can see there are no family picture in the fames behind the chair…something I’m determined to remedy just as soon as I can print some sepia toned pictures of our family.    The color of that lamp base is not gong to stay like it that either…I just haven’t decided what color to use

 

006

 

008

 

Then today when I was out and about I stopped by my favorite antique mall looking for a plate rack for a blank wall in my kitchen.    No luck so I’m probably going to sketch out one I have in mind and have our carpenter friend build it.

Although I didn’t find a plate rack I did find these four shell prints for $10.00 each!    I propped them up on our loveseat we brought in from the sunroom since I sold my old sofa on Sunday.    

001

I first thought I knew where I’d hang them but now that I have them home I think I’ve changed my mind.   I’ll be sure to show where they end up once they get hung.

 

If you follow my blog, you know that I lost my job at the end of May due to some drama at work.     My former boss and I are supposed to meet for lunch on Wednesday and I’m just a little unsettled about how that meeting might go.    He’s reached out to me but there are some other things going on that I can’t share right now that might make the meeting uncomfortable for him, and I hate any kind of confrontation.     I would appreciate your saying a little prayer for me on Wednesday that the meeting goes well, for both of us.    

I have some painting projects I need to get to but it’s toooo hot to be outside…maybe around 9:00 tonight (just joking – maybe) I can stand being outside for more than 5 minutes!

13 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love that chair. It is wonderful and I wouldn't get tired of it either. It looks wonderful where you have it. Hugs, Marty

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Great chair! I'm sure everything will fall into place for you with the lamp color and all you have going on in this room. I'm looking forward to seeing where you hang those prints.

Ron said...

Love the chair. Love the shell prints. Of course, I will say a prayer. Good luck.

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

LOVE the chair. Go ahead and cut off that tag, you know you love it too much to return it now. LOL
Sorry about your job. I have a huge amount of drama going out at work, as well, and I am so tired of the stress it is causing me and my whole family. I hope your meeting turns out ok. Blessings, Barb

NanaDiana said...

I love that chair, Judy- it is just perfect. I am so sorry about the job. I hope it goes well for you on Wednesday and I will be saying a prayer for you. I had a drama job that ended in November and I am so happy to be done with it. xo Diana

Terri said...

Judy,
That's an awesome chair and I don't blame you for scooping it right up! I will pray for you to have a good and productive meeting on Wednesday. I am seeing an oncologist for the first time that day and am on pins and needles.

Happy Decorating!
Terri

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Judy I love your new chair and love those shell prints too!

Kelly said...

I love your new chair! I think it's a keeper. Hate to hear about the drama you're going through with work. I don't miss those days AT ALL! I used to work outside of the home at a company that was always experiencing "drama" of some sort. Hated it!

Lilly Forever! said...

Love the chair! Love the shell prints! Absolutely, prayers going up for you on Wednesday! Remember to plant your feet, square your shoulders and let God direct the conversation! You will be just fine!

Anonymous said...

i love the fabric print of your chair. take that tag off!

Babs said...

Your chair is beautiful and I'll bet it doesn't go back to the store. Love,love the shell pictures.

Leigh Anne said...

Love the new chair! It looks perfect there...go ahead and cut that tag! Also, good luck with your meeting!!

designchic said...

I love your new chair - perfect in the spot - can't wait to see where you hang the shells!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...