March 3, 2011

For The Love Of Lanterns

Lanterns are hot, hot, hot right now and I’ve got lantern fever!      Pottery Barn has some gorgeous lanterns….

 

pottery barn pendant

                                            (Pottery Barn)

 

pottery barn pendant#2

                                              (Pottery Barn)

 

pottery barn pendant#3

                                                (Pottery Barn)

I’ve also seen some beautiful lanterns on blogs…such as this one!    Traci at Beneath My Heart turned a $3.00 brass light into this Pottery Barn look-alike!

pendant beneath my heart

                                                   (source)

 

I tried to get as lucky as Traci and find a light similar to hers to transform but no luck.     So I finally bit the bullet and ordered one from CSN stores.     I ordered the Mossoro Outdoor Hanging Lantern  with the idea of hanging it over my kitchen table but it was really too small for that so it ended up in the foyer.   

We previously had a small chandy hanging in the foyer.     I had a medallion I used on the ceiling with the chandy that I had sprayed black.     When husband hung the new lantern he left the medallion up so I had to prime and paint it the color of the ceiling…..really wish that medallion wasn’t up there but I’m not about to ask husband to take it down!     So for now it stays.

 

009

Love, love!

 

010

 

011

 

013

 

018

 

Have you added a lantern in your home?    Don’t you love them?

 

I’ll leave you with some pictures I took last night when the sun was setting.     You just can’t beat Mother Nature!

 

005

 

001

 

My Bradford Pear tree is starting to bloom!

 

I’m hoping to get a project or two started this weekend.    What are your plans?

9 comments:

Designs on 47th Street said...

Your new lantern is very cute even though it's not where you thought it would go. I do love all those Pottery Barn ones you pictured too. What a gorgeous sky and I'm jealous that your B.Pears are about to bloom. We have awhile to go.

Donna

Traci@ Beneath My Heart said...

I love your lantern. It looks great! Thank you so much for featuring mine. :)
I just can't get enough of them, can you?
Have a great weekend!
Traci

Amy Kinser said...

Love your lantern. It looks great in your foyer. Hope you find another one that you will love.

Simply LKJ said...

Judy, I love your new lantern! The sunset is gorgeous!!! We've had the same weather...AMAZING! Expecting some rain and cooler temps this weekend though.

Justabeachkat said...

Beautiful photos...you're right, Mother Nature is amazing! Love your new lantern.

Hope your weekend is good.
Hugs,
Kat

Becca's Dirt said...

Cute lantern. Beautiful sunset and lovely Bradford Pear tree.

{darlene} said...

I love it!! Lanterns are so wonderful.
I also wanted to stop by and say thank you to you for linking to me in your blog roll! You are the sweetest!
-{darlene}
fieldstonehilldesign.com

lvroftiques said...

I do... I love them! And I love your new lantern in your hall! I have a really fooshy shooshy one out hanging in my garage and after seeing yours I think I need to put it up somewhere! Vanna

cryobank said...

This blog is also show the beautiful photo ,amazing picture.The sunset Looking so gorgeous,Like the all picture and photo also.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...