November 27, 2009

It’s Been A Long Day!

I still can’t believe I got up at 3:00 a.m. today to go shopping with Shannon!     Good grief!!!    Here’s the time I got on the road to meet up with her at a McDonald’s…

black friday and iron bowl 001

We stood in line at Wal Mart for 2 1/2 hours  for one thing for Taylor….met some interesting people and saw fashion no-nos.   Do some people forget to look in the mirror before they leave home?

Got back home around 12:00 noon and went to pick up my Birmingham granddaughter from her other grandparents house.     Then rushed back home to head to Shannon’s house for the Auburn-Alabama game.    As we say here in Alabama, she lives in a house divided….she and Taylor are for Auburn and Don and Jackson are for Alabama, makes for a VERY INTERESTING game indeed!     

Lots of food!

 

black friday and iron bowl 018

 

   black friday and iron bowl 016 

Stepped outside and it was so funny….the teams had formed their own cheering sections….Auburn on one side and Alabama on the other

black friday and iron bowl 010  

black friday and iron bowl 024

 black friday and iron bowl 019 black friday and iron bowl 021

 black friday and iron bowl 025black friday and iron bowl 023 

black friday and iron bowl 022

And while Auburn didn’t win THIS YEAR I am so proud of our team!

14 comments:

Bama Belle said...

THAT game could have gone either way! BOTH teams played hard. I truly feel as though Auburn played with more heart than we did. It was one to enjoy. Congrats on a game well played and thank you! What a wonderful spread of food and celebration. Adore the "house divded" pictures!

Anonymous said...

We were talking about the fashion No-No's today. It was bad. I think some people literally roll out of the bed and out their door into department stores. It was crazy! We saw people we knew and almost didn't know who they were when they started talking. Some people, should just apply a little blush, eyeliner, mascara, some lip gloss and use a hairbrush. It should be mandatory!

Sandra said...

Have you seen the horrendous fashion statements on peopleofwalmart.com? It is great for a laugh.

I'm so proud of our Tigers. I wish they could have pulled this one out, but man, what a game!

Simply LKJ said...

Love the photos!! Especially the divided house ones...we have that a lot around these parts with UGA vs. GA TECH. That one's tonight!! Looks like everyone had a great time with YUMMY food. I too am amazed at what some people wear in public!

Stephanie@SweetTeaAndSunshine said...

I'm glad you got some good deals -- we stayed in Montgomery from about 6 pm Thursday night til about 9 am Friday morning. It was insane and I will never do it again! The TRU people were crazy and that is definitely one place I will never touch again until much later in the morning.

I *loved* the AU vs. AL game, and Auburn truly brought it. We just didn't play with all of our hearts. I'm proud of my team, but I'm pretty sure we're going to get a mudhole stomped in us next weekend.

Justabeachkat said...

3:00 am? No way sister! Nothing in a store is worth that to me. LOL

I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful.

Hugs!
Kat

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Looks like you had a great IRON BOWL party...the game was soooo AWESOME! We sat on the 50 yard line and had a great view...didn't think that my 50 year old heart was going to make it...sure hate that we didn't WIN...but I can say...the AUBURN FAMILY had more FUN during the game than the Bama fans did! WAR EAGLE!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Gypsy Heart said...

Black Friday shopping is not for me ~ not sure how you did it! The people of Walmart web site is incredibly funny...and very true, unfortunately. I, too, wonder how folks can leave their homes looking the way they do.

Unknown said...

Sorry.. I just couldn't so the Black Friday shopping this year. I actually have all my Christmas bought with the exception of one gift, and can pick that up anytime. I loved watching the Alabama/Auburn game this year. It was a true game, and the state of Alabama should be proud to have two great colleges in our midst with stellar programs. Glad you had a good time!

Melanie said...

Sounds like you had a busy day. I love that you saw some fashion NO NO's at the big W:) LOL I love to people watch.

Anonymous said...

That's why I'm addicted to peopleofwalmart.com That's all they showcase.

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Next time see if you can catch some of those fashion no-no's on film...unless you veto future early morning outings on Black Friday! That is early!! I've never done that before and have no plans to do it in the future...
Janell

Miss Janice said...

Good Lord, I was up at the same time as you and went shopping. It definitely looked like some people literally crawled out of bed to be there. I don't know about your area, but in South Florida, people were acting like a bunch of houligans! They were so tacky that I was embarrassed to be part of the whole thing! Oh, what we do for bargains!

Jennifer said...

the cheering sections are too funny! we did play a great game, didn't we? War Eagle, anyway!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...