March 3, 2009

It Works!

Remember these water marks on my sideboard I posted about recently? I put out an SOS in blogland and got some wonderful suggestions. The one I tried first, using a mixture of fireplace ashes and mayo, worked like a dream! If I had not seen it myself, I would never believed it really worked, but just take a look.......



Here are the marks on my sideboard before.....




...and now look! Do you see anything???????????? It worked like magic.

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions on getting rid of those marks. I want to give a special thank you to Susan over at Thoughts From Over The Rainbow who suggested the ashes/mayo combination.

Can't wait to show ya'll the finished dining room. The painting should be completed by the time I get home today and then it'll be time to let the decorating begin!


5 comments:

duchess said...

Ashes & mayo?? Who knew.

Southern Lady said...

That's amazing, Judy ... I've tried mayo, but didn't know about the ashes. Wonder if I could borrow some somewhere ... we have gas logs ... lol

susan said...

I am SO glad it worked!! My kids tell me I should list stain removal as a hobby! Come by and visit sometime and I can't wait to see your finished dining room.--Susan

Linda said...

I cannot wait to see your finished room. I'll be doing this project sometime soon too!

I'll keep the ashes/mayo tip in mind. Aren't bloggers the best.

Fajitagirl said...

Thank you so much for your post on the water stain removal using mayo and fireplace ashes. Did you do a 50/50 ratio? How long did you have to leave it on to remove the marks?

Have a blessed day. Jamie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...