March 24, 2009

For The Love of Toile!

Have you heard about the toile party going on over at the Pretty Organized Palace? I found out about this wonderful party (and blog) this morning and I couldn't wait to get home and post a few pictures from around my home where I've used this wonderful print. Head on over after you check out my pics and enjoy all the ways toile is being used in blogland!





First up is my guest room where I've used toile drapes, plates and pillows. You can't tell here, but the walls are a pretty gold color. This room was inspired by an episode of "Devine Design" where the devine Ms. Olson did a nursery by painting the walls gold and using lots of toile. I figured if it's good enough for Candice, it's good enough for me!





















Now let's go to the nursery-turned-office. Here we have a little chair hubby rescued from the curb. Beautiful shape to it, just needed a little TLC, so that's exactly what I gave her. After cleaning it up, I painted it black (natch) then sanded it back and applied a gel stain. Then I recovered the seat in a cream and black toile fabric.







And here's the baby bed turned day bed where I made a little toile skirt and threw on some extra pillows I was using in the guest room. I have enough toile fabric left over that I'm going to try my hand at mistreating the window with some creme and black toile, solid black fabric and a little trim. I'll let you know how it turns out!










18 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Judy,
Your toile is stunning! Thank you for sharing.

Blessings,
Sandi

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Judy, the gold with the black toile is just beautiful! Great job on that chair too!

Manuela

Anonymous said...

Judy-

I saw that episode of Divine Design and copied it in my kitchen.

I heart Candice!

Your room looks beautiful, you did a great job.

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

That's so pretty - and I remember that episode of DD! I always wished that I had done that in my nursery. Your home is lovely! Cheers, Andrea

Terri said...

Judy,
I'm seriously envious of that beautiful chair..... Better not tell me where you live cause I might just have to snatch it. LOL

Kimmy said...

love love love this... clicked on your blog and new I'd enjoy what you had posted... the plate above the window -- such a nice touch... I will remember that one... ~ kim

Janelle said...

I love the gorgeous lines on that chair--so glad you rescued it!

Sofia Striffler said...

I like your toile especially the chair. That looks great.

Unknown said...

lOVE THE GOLD ROOM, lOVE CANDACE OLSON TOO. aND THAT CRIB/COUCH VERY CUTE. mishelle

One Shabby Old House said...

http://www.eufaulapilgrimage.com/
Hi Judy,
I am giving you this address so that you can see that you can make the tour as large as you like or just enough for someone who tires easily. They have the daytime tours as well as the candlelit so that you can break it down and then some lovely teas and buffets to give a tired person the food and rest they need. I say go make a memory with your mother sweetie.
You will both enjoy the day. And if you see me on the porch do stop and say hello.
Your toile is pretty too. I love the black and white myself!
Becky

One Shabby Old House said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Felicia said...

Love your toiles and especially your baby bed revamp :)

Unknown said...

Love what you've done with toile, especially the rescued chair! And love that Candace, she's the bomb.

busha2 said...

Hi,
Love the toile throughout the house very classic. I enjoy reading your blog daily, was wondering what type of gel stain you used on the chair you re-did, was it a clear or a color. Thank you

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I'm loving all the toile!! It's great to see how everyone is using toile in their homes. Yours is fabulous!

Salmagundi said...

Love the wall colors with the black and white toile. The baby bed redo is great. Sally

Glenda/MidSouth said...

How pretty! I need to call my daughter to see if she still has a baby bed.
Glenda

Melissa Lester said...

You make we want to spend a weekend in your guest room! It is so pretty, and I love what you did with the crib. That green is wonderful! I think both the framed pictures are great, but I love the bunny the most!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...