July 16, 2011

Adirondack Chair Makeover

A little while back I posted about wanting to strip/sand/stain and/or paint my Adirondack chairs.   I pressure washed the heck out of those chairs but some of the paint refused to come off!   So my idea of staining them was off the table and I’ve been trying to figure out what color to paint them to LOOK like stain.     Right now they are sitting on a wood platform in my backyard baking in the hot Alabama sun while I try to get inspired to finish them up.     So far that hasn’t happened!   

Here’s the inspiration photo I posted that I wanted my chairs to look like:

 

The other day I got an e-mail from World Market that their Adirondack chairs were on sale for $49.00!     I had a store credit for $20.00 so I decided to just go for it and buy one.    Here’s part of the reason why:   (1)  I’ve lost my desire to finish up those chairs; (2) hubby says they are in the way when he cuts the grass and (3) my sister wants them for her lake house!       Hopefully I’ll get a number stenciled on the back in the next day or two and this will be a quick and easy project I can cross off my “to do” list.    

 

001

 

I got the last one in this cappuccino color and it needs to be cleaned up but I can just see it with a number stenciled on it.

003

 

What do you think?    Would you have taken the easy way out and bought this chair?    For me, it was a no-brainer.   

In my last post I told ya’ll that my painter was coming Sunday to start on the sunroom.   He called this morning and “something came up” so he won’t get started until Tuesday Sad smile!    Oh, well, maybe it will be finished by next weekend.    He is only available on Tuesdays and Sundays so that limits his time to paint.    

See you soon!

6 comments:

Diana said...

Oh how exciting!! Yes, I would've taken the easy way out too, especially if I had already decided in my mind that I didn't want to mess with it anymore. LOL :) I LOVE that chair!!

Amy Kinser said...

Sometimes you just need to take the easy road. Don't blame you at all.

Becca Bertotti said...

Love that chair !! I'm sure you'll have a number stenciled on there in no time !!

Simply LKJ said...

Sometimes instant gratification wins, especially if there are other projects waiting!

Donna, The Decorated House said...

Sometimes thing work out so perfectly. You got a great looking chair in the end, too. It's nice you sis got a chair out of it as well.

An Oasis in the Desert said...

I would probably have pulled out the spray paint and made the old ones come alive again. But to each his own, right?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...