October 29, 2008

Princess In Training and Comfort Food

This past Saturday a dream came true for Taylor. She went with her mom and I to the Junior League Holiday Market held locally which kicks off the Christmas shopping season. So much eye candy! One of the children's activities is put on by a company that specializes in children's parties and features a lot of story book princesses. After the show, the "princesses" walk around and you can have your picture taken with them. So Taylor was so excited to get her picture taken with Cinderella. Unfortunately, I can't remember who the other princess was. Cinderella (the blonde in the blue dress) is a girl that graduated from high school with Shannon. She is a very sweet and lovely girl and was so sweet to Taylor!



Here she is with Ariel (the redhead) and I don't know the other "character" person


When we got back home she was tired from all the walking and shopping and picture taking so here she is with her Pop (remember this is hubby's "other woman")

I'm guessing those intense looks are from watching Auburn football!



Santamaker is featuring "no brainer" foods on her blog this week. If you haven't checked it out, go over there and see all of the "no brainer" foods that are being shared by other bloggers. Tonight it is cold here in Alabama so we are having soup and sandwiches....can't get much easier than that!

Chicken and rice soup and grilled cheese sandwiches






Today my daughter Shannon "scolded" me cause I didn't say anything on my blog about her birthday this past weekend. She said I had done a special post on her brother's birthday in July but no mention of hers on Saturday! While I know she joking, let me be sure to say a very special HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Shannon for her birthday which was October 25th! Gotta be nice to the kids so they'll come see me in the nursing home in my old age!


All kidding aside, she is my miracle baby. I went into labor with her on Mother's Day when I was about 5 months pregnant. My husband took me to the ER where the doctor said he would try and stop the labor but if not, I would more than likely lose the baby. I was given a sedative and drifted off.....the next thing I remember is waking up in the hospital room the next morning and seeing my daddy smiling at me.....the labor had stopped! I was supposed to be on bed rest until my due date which was in late September/early October. How could I be on bed rest when I had a 2 1/2 year old running around? Finally, my doctor induced labor on a bright and beautiful Monday morning and shortly thereafter I had a beautiful baby girl! She was and is perfect in every way! She was about 3 weeks overdue and hasn't been on time since!


HAPPY {BELATED} BIRTHDAY SHANNON - I LOVE YOU!
Mom



21 comments:

Suzann said...

In the first photograph, the princesses were Belle (beauty and the beast) and Cinderella.
The other princess (second photo) are Ariel (little mermaid) and Jasmine (Aladdin). What a treat for that precious little girl! My cousin's little girl Marissa LOVES the princesses and so did my daughter.

Stacey said...

Precious pictures. I love red heads. I have one too only he's 19 now.

Happy Birthday Shannon!

Cheri said...

What a fun time. Our holiday market starts this weekend and I am hoping to stop by.

Just read, your post on how you met your husband, it was great and I am so happy you have found love again.

cheri

Nonnas News said...

What a fun day for Taylor!!

Happy belated birthday to Shannon!! My daughter's birthday was the 24th!

duchess said...

She's adorable!

Inspired Kara said...

These are so cute! I remember Glenda the Good Witch came to my birthday party when I was little.

That other character is Jasmine from Aladin :)

Southerner said...

If they were watching Alabama they would be smiling ear to ear! My daughter's boyfriend is at AU this year so we have to like them a little. Y'all are having a rough season.

I bet your little lady had a great time seeing all the princesses. They are so in love at this age.

Salmagundi said...

Miracle babies are the best - I have a couple that should never have been!! What a cutie princess, also. Sally

9405018--Pat said...

Happy belated birthday Shannon...Pat H

Nancy Hood said...

loved the posts and pics, now remind Shannon we are all waiting for her to begin her blogging career ;)

Swampgirl said...

Your "Princess" is precious! We had a similar -cold day in Alabama- meal tonight! Chili and grilled cheese for us!!

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Precious Princess!!! Happy Birthday Shannon.

The unnamed princess is Jasmine from Aladdin.

Blessings,

Sher

B. said...

We had the Jr league Hollydays in my city this wekeend too!!!!

Heidi said...

Love your new blog pic...

The Belle and Cinderella are the same ladies used for different birthday parties for Lily the past two years:) The Cinderella, My husband taught in high school. I think she actually owns that silver shoppe in Pepper Tree right?
Looks like Taylor had a great time with all the princesses...

Melissa Lester said...

I love, love, love the holiday market! It is my favorite shopping event of the year. I put Mary Ashley in mother's day out at school to go on Thursday and packed lunch for Emma so I could make the most of our time shopping. But then Carson stayed home from school sick. Joe was able to be home that morning, so I went into town hoping to get an hour and a half to shop. But somehow I missed the news that the market is back downtown. So I lost time going to the wrong location, having Joe look up the market online, and finding a parking place downtown. So I wound up getting only about 30 minutes to shop, and I was on the verge of tears the whole time! I was still about to cry when I got home, and Joe was so sweet. When he learned how much I had put into planning to go, he came home early from work so I could go back in Thursday night. And the sweet girls taking tickets were very understanding and did not make me pay the admission fee again. So I took in the sights, sounds and smells of Christmas at the holiday market, after all. And we all lived happily ever after. The End.

Tara said...

How cute are these fammily pics---and I think you do not mind the "other woman" competition just one bit-hee-hee!

Anonymous said...

What an adorable little princess!
Holiday Market was wonderful this year, my daughter Shay and I went and had a good time shopping for some early Christmas gifts. Enjoyed your blog.
Blessings-

Miss Janice said...

Hello, I've been reading your blog for quite some time now. I love it. I'm a new blogger--please drop by sometime.

Lulu said...

The picture of your granddaughter with your husband is just too cute!!

Cinderella said...

Hello! My mother called me today and told me that she is a subscriber to your blog and told me I just had to look. She emailed me your Princess in Training and lo and behold, there I was....Cinderella! I absolutely LOVE Shannon and am so happy that we have found each other again through facebook. She was one of my dearest friends in high school and she is just as sweet now as she was those many years ago. I remember posing for this picture at the Holiday Market and right after posing, looking up and realizing that it was your daughter's child. I was so thrilled to see her and wanted to stay and talk, but I knew we had to keep moving. Your granddaughter is an absolute doll and is the "true" princess! Thank you for posting this. It has made my day! I also noticed Heidi's comment and I remember very well doing her adorable daughter, Lily's, birthday. Heidi's husband was one of my favorite teachers in high school and made drama class so much fun! Thank you again for sharing....my weekend feels complete!

Christie's Place said...

This is so strange, but that same morning Brad/I did the Great Pumpkin race in Prattville. My friends Leigh and Stacy wanted me to go to the Holiday Market with them. I was kind of tired, so I passed, but now I hate that I did. I would have loved to run into you, Shannon and Taylor at the Holiday Market. I know I was treating Shannon to the NKOTB concert on that Wednesday, but it would have been great to see her on her special day, too. I never knew the story of Shannon's birth. She really is the perfect cousin in every way. I am so glad I found this blog and read it. Thank you Aunt Judy! I hope you are doing great and taking good care of your family as they are of you. Love to you all! -Christie "Carson" Smith

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...