December 30, 2007

First Big Boo-Boo

Saturday my son-in-law called about 8:30 a.m. to tell us that our little man (a/k/a Jackson) had a bar stool fall on him and it put a big ole knot on his head and his little front tooth was dangling down! Oh my goodness.....we met them at the doctor's office who quickly sent us to the ER. How many of ya'll have experienced the ER on a Saturday morning? Actually, it wasn't as bad as I thought. They called Jackson and his mom and dad back pretty quick. Of course, Taylor wanted to go back there to check on her "brodder" (remember they are twins and have quite a bond) but Pop and I assured her that her brodder was okay. About 11:30 Taylor was getting a little restless and so we decided to get her something to eat and take her to Mimi and Pop's for a nap (that would be me and hubby). We went to the back to tell Shannon and SIL we were leaving. On our way back to the room where little man was, we could hear him singing a song and clapping his hands..... like he didn't have a care in the world! All us grownups were about to hyperventilate but that little boy was having the time of his life. After we got home and we got Taylor to sleep, my daughter and her husband came in with Jackson and they had pulled his the tune of $150! Of course, my SIL said he could have saved himself the $150 if that's all they were going to do and could have pulled it himself but I don't think he really would have....I believe that was $150 well spent. Jackson is as good as new, talking, singing, eating his "butter" (PB&J which he would eat all the time if Shannon would let him). I'm so grateful he is okay but it just goes to show that you can be right in the room with your children and accidents happen. Apparently, he was climbing up on his stool when it toppled over and those stools are real heavy. We are so lucky it wasn't even worse but man, did it pull my heart strings to see my little buddy hurt like that. He got extra hugs and kisses which he loved! Thank God he is okay.


Di said...

Oh I know how it feels. Dylan fell and cracked his tooth and busted his lip. Then he fell again and hit a big chuncky table on our porch busted his lip again and then did the same thing again busting his lip and leaving a HUGE bump on his forhead....this all happened within a few minutes of each other.....I think he must have had a concussion from the first fall that made him dizzy! LOL!
It really hurt us more than him I think.

Mary said...

Awww, poor little man! Glad to hear everything turned out OK. Good thing Mimi and Pop were there to help out. :)

Hope you have a wonderful new year!

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Judy,
Wow, what a scary event there. I've been there as well. The ER's seem to take their sweet time sometimes tho. I'm glad that Jackson didn't have to wait very long. "PRAISE GOD" he was okay and is doing better. And of course he must get extra hugs and kisses. That makes it all feel more better for him. "HAPPY NEW YEAR" to you and yours from our Family. May 2008 be a great and wonderful year for you and yours. Take care my friend and have a great Monday. May God Bless You and Yours.

Karen H.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Judy, glad that it wasn't worse & he's all better now. Hope you all have a happy new Year!


bj said...

Oh, yes, it ALWAYS hurts us much more than them!!!
So glad all is well....

Nan said...

Please stop by my blog. I'm having a party for a friend of yours. Smiles,

bj said...

hi, judy, girl...thanks for your well wishes on my birthday!
happy, happy new year to you and yours, bj

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...