December 20, 2007

Dinner and a Little Tour of the Heart of Dixie

We ate dinner tonight at a place in downtown that's been there 90 years! Nothing fancy, just good hotdogs, hamburgers and fixins. Also some pictures of our beautiful historical downtown. Enjoy "dinner and the tour!"


How many of ya'll remember this look?

"Mr. Chris" as we say here in the south

World famous hot dogs and hamburgers - it might not look like it but they are delish!

This is the "dining room"

This is what you see coming into Chris'

Menu and prices today (sorry it's blurry)



Look at these prices!

Connie doing what she does best - fixing the "dogs" and "burgers"

World Famous Chris' Hot Dogs!


This is the church where Dr. Martin Luther King started out - also Gov. George Wallace visited here after he was shot


Better shot of the house and tree

You can't see it good but there is a huge old magnolia tree in front of the house

First White House temporarily closed for renovations

First White House of the Confederacy where President Jefferson Davis lived with his family


This is our beautiful state capital

4 comments:

Southern Heart said...

What a fun place to eat...and the hot dogs looked yummy! And such lovely historic sites! I love that area of the South. I loved taking the "tour" with you today.

xo, Andrea

bj said...

How fun this looks....there's a little place, almost just like this in the home town of my hubbys out here in Texas. Everytime we go back there, we always have a Coney, which is what these are called.
Thanks for sharing,
bj

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hey, Judy! I see you have been busy making new friends & posting Christmas pics! So glad you are getting out there & folks are finding you. You'll be a pro blogger in no time. I just love all your decor...gorgeous. And, I love shoes too, you sure have some cute ones!

We will have to meet up sometime next year!

xo,
RHoda

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Judy,
Those hot dogs sure do look yummy this morning. Those burgers do as well also. It's making my mouth water. LOL. I just finished a bowl of plain Corn Flakes. LOL. I loved looking at all the Historic Sites you showed. I love to see things like that. In Mississippi where I have relatives, they have alot of Anabellum homes there. I've seen the outside of those homes and they are so beautiful. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. I so enjoyed them. Well, take care my friend and have a great Friday. May God Bless You and Yours.

Hugs,
Karen H.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...