August 9, 2016

Don't Blink!

Just a few short years ago my daughter's twins started "big school" as they used to call it.   Now they are 12!   Taylor started middle school yesterday.   Her twin brother goes to a private school and he started last Friday.    He has a mild form of Aspergers so he goes to a school geared to help him better than the public school he was attending.....he loves it and is doing so well.  

I was browsing through some old photos recently and found these I took when they started school.   



I took these their first day of kindegarten.    Yes, I spent the night with them so I could be there to experience their first day #overinvolvedgrandparent!

 Arriving at school
 




 Finding their desks all ready for them



 Telling mommy goodbye....the hardest part! 

 
 Jackson was sooo excited to be going to "big school"


 Meeting his teacher

NOTE:  At Taylor's 6th grade graduation last May this same teacher walked her up to the platform to receive her diploma.   Their kindegarten class was the first kindegarten class of the first day of a new school


 I think school is going to be fun!

Bye mommy = I'm a big boy now!

NOTE:  The little boy in orange shirt reaching out to shake Jackson's hand is the son of a boy that used to date my daughter in high school!

And here's the one from this morning (taken with her cousin who is one grade ahead)


Whoa.....who are these girls?!?!!   Who told her she could grow up so fast?    They both got braces a few weeks ago.

No photo of Jackson as he didn't want his taken....maybe he'll let me or his mom get one later.

Time really does fly and I treasure each and every moment I've shared with these sweet "babies".   

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go dry my tears!




6 comments:

Simply LKJ said...

Oh my gosh! I remember those pics of them going to Kindergarten!!! 12????!!! Taylor is beautiful and so grown up.

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Wow, isn't it amazing how fast they grow up? Love that you were there to see them off! That is so sweet!

S H Elliott said...

You are so right. Blink and 10 years have passed. Boohoo.

Summer said...

Time really goes by quickly! They are so cute ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

Pamela said...

Time sure does fly! It seems to go by so slowly when you are young. If only we knew then what we know now.

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Hi Judy... Happy Happy birthday! I hope that this year is your best year yet!! Glad to hear that you spent it with your beautiful granddaughter!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...