September 23, 2014

Having Your Cake and Eating It Too, II!

Strange title I know...I put the "II" since this is a repost 2nd time around. Since I seem to be totally consumed with caring for my mom and getting the paperwork & documents together in preparation for filing for Medicaid, and as stated many other times lately, I don't have time to decorate or finish projects. Instead of just totally ignoring my blog, I may have to do a little reposting from time to time.

This is one of the easiest and best cake recipes I've ever had. One of my friends gave this to me when I was on Weight Watchers and it is soooo good you'd never think it wasn't bad for you. I'm making this tonight...we may just have cake for supper!

Easy Pineapple-Orange Cream Cake

  • 1 (15 1/4 oz) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
  • 1 yellow cake mix
  • 1 (11 oz) can mandarin oranges in light syrup, drained
  • 1/2 cup egg substitute
  • 1/2 cup fat free mayonnaise
  • Cooking spray 
  • 1 (12 oz) container fate free whipped topping, thawed
  • 1 (1 oz) package sugar-free vanilla instant pudding mix

1.   Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2.   Drain pineapple, reserving juice, set pineapple aside
3.   Combine reserved pineapple juice, cake mix, mandarin oranges, egg substitute and mayo in a large bowl.   Beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended.   Pour batter into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray
4.   Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.   Cool in wire rack.
5.   Combine drained pineapple, whipped topping and vanilla pudding mix in a medium bowl, beat at low speed just until blended.    Spread pineapple mixture evenly over top of cake.   Cover and store cake in refrigerator.  

I think this came out to be about 4 points per serving.  

It feels like fall today!   When I was at mama's nursing home this morning we sat out on the covered porch and it was soooo nice.   Hope it's cooling down in your "neck of the woods"!

Oh, and remember that pillow project I share with ya'll?  Here's a little reminder....




Epic fail so far!   My sewing machine is not working properly so for now this project is on hold...hope I can get the problem with my machine fixed soon so I can finish this and share soon!
 

5 comments:

Pamela said...

Hope you can get everything in order with your mama. That recipe sounds yummy.

Kelly said...

Sorry to hear that you've been so busy! Busy in a not fun way, rather. But you are busy in a very important way! That cake recipe looks good. I may have to try that. I am really enjoying this cooler weather too. I know our weather is about the same. I finally got my computer situation under control and feel like I can breathe now! I'll be posting first thing in the morning. Whew! I was worried that I would have to get a new computer or something.

The Daily Nest said...

Hang in there with your Mama! What an important thing you are doing for her! Love this cake recipe, I love cold cake!! Take care, Kathy @The Daily Nest

Stephanie@SweetTeaAndSunshine said...

I'm sorry about your mama. Insurance issues are no fun and are so stressful. I'm the opposite of you with both my girls in school, I have TOO much time on my hands! I am not a fan. :(

Unknown said...

Paperwork is such a pain!! Hope you can everything done quickly. Your recipe sounds delicious, and I will have to give it a try.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...