March 13, 2014

Getting Ready for Spring With New Patio Cushions

With Spring just around the corner here in the South I'm anxious to get my back deck and patio ready for some outdoor living and entertaining.    We've all had a rough winter, and it's taken a toll on my deck and patio.  

We have a lower patio area where our umbrella table is and just a step up is the deck with our chairs and loveseat.   

 During the winter we have our fire pit in the middle of a circle of chairs but I have a plan for replacing the fire pit with something a little unusual.    More on that later.



I've had these same cushions for several years and they are faded and just old looking.   I thought about taking them to my upholstery lady and having them recovered but I'm not sure if she would do that.    I started looking on line for cushion replacements and the ones I liked were a lot more than I wanted to pay....in fact I could replace the whole seating ensemble and dining table for what the cushions would cost me!

This week while in good ol Wally World I wondered back to the garden area and saw some pretty black and white damask print cushions.    I needed 9 but they only had 6.    I bought them and the next day went to another Wal Mart hoping to find 3 more.     That Wal Mart didn't have any like the ones I bought but they did have some I liked just as well and better yet, they were reversible!   And did I mention they were only $13.50 each!!!!!




 I liked the black print on one side but fell in love with the black and white "awning" type print on the other.    They reminded me of some I'd seen in the Ballards catalog that I've always wanted.  


(yep, that's our exercise bike you see....the husband likes it in here so he can watch TV while riding it)
 
I also bought a new black umbrella at Fred's....they only had one but I need two.   Since we host Easter at our house every year, I'm on a mission to get everything all cleaned up and some flowers planted.   I bought two new planters to use on either side of the French doors that lead to the outside and I plan on putting boxwoods in those.    Lots to do and I'm ready to get my "dirt" on!








4 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love your new cushions, they are fabulous. Hugs, marty

Simply LKJ said...

Love the new cushions. I don't clean up our porch until the pollen is gone!

Kelly said...

When you get done fixing up your back deck, can you come do mine? Mine is soooooo bad. Love the new cushions you're going to use.

Unknown said...

I love how you have decorated that wall of your Cushions. The tea towel idea is really sweet. I have used these strips on our new cabinets too and they work great. I recently added one to the backside of the valence over the living room area to hang an old wire egg basket. Thanks for sharing your decorating ideas. I hope you have a beautiful day.
Extra Modern Living Area Concepts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...