June 30, 2013

Goodbye June and an Outdoor Wedding

It’s hard to believe June is almost gone so I wanted to get in one quick little post before it’s over.    I’ve been so busy this month (thus the lack of posts) with physical therapy and my mom’s health issues it’s just been impossible to put together an interesting post.     I also keep my granddaughter part of each week and she keeps me on my toes….we play lots of board games, munch on snacks and make great memories together.   Soon I’ll be going to pick up my Birmingham granddaughter and she will spend some time here with us too…..fun times ahead!

This past weekend my sister’s youngest son got married at Cheaha State Park….it was about a 2 1/2 hour drive for us but the views were spectacular!    It is the highest point in the state of Alabama.     I’m hoping our family and my sister’s family can all meet there this fall and rent a cabin or chalet for a weekend.     Of course, that all revolves around the Auburn and Alabama football schedules (no lie….this is the SEC people)!

steph and david wedding 007

I took this from the deck looking down

 

steph and david wedding 008

 

wedding#3

The newly married couple

 

wedding#2

This is something I’d never seen done…the two families “blending” their lives together with sand….so sweet!

 

wedding#4

My sister’s (the short one in the blue dress next to the bride) family….two sons and one daughter and her grandchildren

 

wedding#5

So glad we got one of all of us together….can you see me?   I’m in the black dress next to my son-in-law

Hope everyone is having a safe and happy summer!

4 comments:

Simply LKJ said...

What a beautiful view! His new bride is adorable. Have fun with the grandkids!!

Kelly said...

What a beautiful view for that wedding! I've never heard of blending of sand together either. It's a great idea for an outdoor wedding that takes place in the summer though! The bride is beautiful.

NanaDiana said...

Wow Judy! What a beautiful wedding party. She is adorable and I love the sweet simplicity of her gown..it ties right in with the awesome place they chose to be married. Great photos. I can't believe that June is gone- summer is flying by! xo Diana

Unknown said...

Glory what a view, and a wonderful place for a wedding! Yes, it would be fabulous in the fall!! I am with Diana in loving the gorgeous wedding dress (and her haircut!) Hope your PT is not too painful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...