October 25, 2011

Happy Birthday to My Daughter

October 25, 1976 – Back in “the day” you didn’t know what sex your baby was until “it” was born.    We already had a precious 2 1/2 year old boy at home so I was really hoping for a little girl with  this one.     I call her my “miracle baby” because at 5 months along (and on Mother’s Day weekend) I went into premature labor with her.    I was admitted to the hospital but the doctor didn’t sound too encouraging when he told me that if my labor stopped, I might be able to carry this child to full term.     I prayed all night in that hospital bed and when I woke up the next morning my daddy was sitting by my side waiting with me for an ultrasound to be performed.     I cried and cried when they picked up that heartbeat loud and strong!       At 1:59 p.m. on October 25 , 1976 my sweet girl pushed her way into this world 3 weeks late (and she’s been late ever since!)

Today I can honestly say she’s my best friend and favorite (and only) daughter.    Tonight we’ll be joining her family for dinner.     She is an amazing mom, wife and daughter and I love her with all my heart.

 

shane's b'day 016

              (The Summit – July 2011 – son’s birthday weekend)

My “babies”…..Happy Birthday Shannon, I love you – Mom

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter! Her birthday is very close to mine. Mine is on Halloween. I wasn't lucky enough to have a daughter, so maybe one day I can have a granddaughter. I have all boys instead.

NanaDiana said...

Congratulations! I have a daughter with a birthday close to your daughter's bd, also. It was a great year for babies, wasn't it? Your kids are beautiful! xo Diana

Justabeachkat said...

Hi there

I'm baaaack! I've been a bad blog friend and haven't visited much lately, but I've had a good excuse :)

Happy Birthday to your beautiful girl.

Hugs,
Kat

Terri said...

Those are some nice lookin' kids you've got, Judy. What would we do without our girls, huh? I had two boys before my girl entered my world so I really appreciate the miracle of a daughter. She turns 21 on November 1st. Lordy be....Please pray that she parties responsibly.... :)

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Judy, Your daughter is beautiful and I am sure she is such a joy to you. Please wish her a Happy Birthday.
Hugs,
Sherry

Made In The South said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter. My daughter's b~day is on the 30th.
Girls are just so much fun..and even better when they grown up and become your friend.

Becca Bertotti said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter! Hope you all had a wonderful celebration! And, thank you for your sweet note about my Fall kitchen (and silly Halloween "getup"!) LOL. I truly appreciate it. And, I tried to email you back privately but it keeps coming back rejected. Waaaaa. :(

Diana said...

I'm so behind on commenting! I hope your daughter had a wonderful birthday! It makes me smile to hear a mom say such wonderful things about her daughter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...