May 9, 2011

Mother’s Day Weekend

How was your weekend?    I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother’s Day spent with everyone you love best.    We had a full weekend of fun starting Friday night when mama was honored as the oldest “Pearl” at the annual Mother’s Day banquet at her church.    This year was the first time in 2 years all four of her kiddies were able to attend.     My brother from Kentucky drove in as well as his twin sister from Peachtree City, my other sister from Talladega and myself.    

 

pearls 2011 004

Here’s my mama looking all spiffy in the new outfit I got her.    Doesn’t she look happy and content?    Can you believe she’ll be 91 in June?    Yeah, me either!

 

pearls 2011 006

My darling daughter and sweet granddaughter Taylor with my baby brother.    Haven’t seen him in almost 2 years!

 

pearls 2011 011

Taylor and my niece from Peachtree City….sweet girls

 

pearls 2011 014

Taylor was such a big “helper” with my sister’s granddaughter Erica

 

pearls 2011 007

Mama and her 4 younguns’ (from left to right Kim in black print dress, brother Kelly, me in white & gray and my sister Betsy in front)

I know my mom was over the moon happy that all her babies were back together even for such a short time.


Saturday morning I picked up mama from her assisted living home and we went to my sister Betsy’s place on Lake Martin.    (Husband was working a ball tournament this weekend).    Most of you know what  destruction was caused by the tornados that ripped through our state recently.     Fortunately my sister’s lake house was spared.     Saturday was an absolutely beautiful day to spend at the lake.

 

mothers day lake 2011 003

You couldn’t have asked for better weather

mothers day lake 2011 004

 

mothers day lake 2011 005

 

Sitting on the deck looking down the side of the house

 

 

mothers day lake 2011 007

Cousins Jackson, Mason & Erica love playing in the sandbox

 

mothers day lake 2011 010

 

mothers day lake 2011 012

Jackson & Mason fought over this boat all day!   

mothers day lake 2011 016

Taylor was so good with her little cousins

 

mothers day lake 2011 018

Jackson had the honor of being the first one in the lake this summer

 

mothers day lake 2011 023

This boy loves to swim!

 

mothers day lake 2011 025

Taylor quickly followed Jackson into the water (brrrr!)

 

mothers day lake 2011 028

The kids had a ball jumping in and swimming all afternoon.   

 

Also, I’ve been busy working on some sewing projects.    A few weeks ago I made a slipcover for an ottoman in the sunroom and this past week I started working on FINALLY putting together some things for the master bedroom.     Here’s a hint:    slipcovered headboard and pillows…..

003

 

I hope to work on finishing the headboard this week.     Then I’m going to my best, best, best friend’s house Friday to spend the weekend with her!   

 

Happy Monday everyone!

3 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

How wonderful all of you were together for your mom. She is lovely and such a great family picture. Sounds like the perfect weekend. Hugs, Marty

Stephanie@SweetTeaAndSunshine said...

I do hope there will be a tutorial for the headboard! I've been wanting to do one. Happy belated Mother's Day!

Blue Creek Home said...

I am so glad you guys were all together - you all look beautiful.
Your mom is a stunning 91 year young woman.

I love love love the fabric that you let us peek at. I know the room will be awesome.

Rhonda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...