April 26, 2011

Easter Pics and Sneak Peek at My First Slipcover

I know it’s a few days past the Easter weekend but I wanted to share a couple of photos with ya’ll. 

 

yard and easter 2011 007

My daughter Shannon, granddaughter Taylor and my precious 90 year old mom

 

yard and easter 2011 009

Taylor looking all grown up…this is the dress I had made for her when she was in the Miss Christmas On The Coosa pageant last year….Shannon changed the ribbon from white to this pretty green (ignore the blue wagon, still haven’t planted it yet)

 

 

yard and easter 2011 010

My three “grands”….next year baby Cade will be able to join them for a photo.    It was hard to get them to settle down, they just wanted to say Happy Easter!

 

yard and easter 2011 019

My sweet mama and one of her great grandbabies….baby Cade born last August (we call him Chunky Monkey!)

 

 

yard and easter 2011 015

All my chicks and peeps for a family photo

 

 

yard and easter 2011 016

Son, DIL, McKinley & Cade

 

 

yard and easter 2011 018

Daughter & SIL, twins Taylor & Jackson (who is fascinated with all things DS!)

 

yard and easter 2011 024

The girls were mad because Jackson found the “golden” egg (please excuse the pitiful umbrella….it’s now on it’s way to the dump)

 

yard and easter 2011 028

Went inside to check on this angel…he was just about to wake up.   Is there anything sweeter than a sleeping baby?

 

spring 2011 001

Here’s my garden gate with climbing Confederate jasmine

 

spring 2011 007

I wish you could smell it….smells like honeysuckle

 

spring 2011 003

 

I just fixed spaghetti, salad & garlic bread.    Shannon brought fresh strawberries and we had strawberry shortcake….yum!  (yeah, I used my “good” china!)

 

yard and easter 2011 021

 

Also want to share a sneak peek at my first attempt at a slipcover.     I’m hoping to finish up this week and will post a bunch of photos and tutorial….(I’ve got to add more ruffle and  iron the slipcover but I’m pretty happy at how it’s turning out).   Oh, and those red walls??   They are outta here soon!!!

 

slipcover 005

 

Friday I’m joining my sister at her lake house for our annual girl’s weekend….can’t wait!

7 comments:

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Judy,
All your grandkids are so cute...what a cute sleeping baby!!! Your slipcover looks great...I need to make one for a piece in my bedroom (just need more time in the day). Hope you have a fun weekend at the lake...we will be at the beach...looking forward to spending some time at my condo.

Blessings,
Linda

Simply LKJ said...

Your grandkids are growing up so fast! All are so adorable. I love Taylor's dress, and how great she is getting so many wears out of it. We have jasmine that climbs our railing of our porch stairs...it smells so good when in bloom. Great job on the slipcover!

Stephanie@SweetTeaAndSunshine said...

I can't wait to see the tutorial for the slipcover -- I've got a big ottomon in my living room that I'd love to change up a little. You did a great job!

{darlene} @ fieldstonehill said...

Blessed Easter to you!
LOVE your slipcover!
-{darlene}
fieldstonehilldesign.com

Justabeachkat said...

Hi sweet friend! I haven't been by lately...life has been crazy busy and there's no end in sight since I'll be gone for a long weekend and then my grandchildren will be here next week. Life is good though so I'm not complaining!

It's been fun tonight catching up on your posts I've missed.

Hugs,
Kat

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Judy, Your grandkids are so adorable. I love Taylor's dress and the picture of chunky monkey is so cute. Looks like you had a fun Easter.
Hugs,
Sherry

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Morning Judy,

Sweet photos..every one of them.

I want some of that strawberry shortcake and I am obsessing over your gorgeous arbor!!!

janet xox

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...