November 25, 2014

Thanksgiving

This is the week our nation pauses to gather with family and friends to give thanks for our many blessings.


In all honesty, we should count our blessings every single day.  

Our community suffered an unimaginable loss this past weekend.    Three 16 year olds and a sheriff's deputy tragically loss their lives Sunday night in an automobile accident.    I can hardly wrap my mind around the pain the families are going through and will continue to go through for a long time. 


As you sit around your Thanksgiving table on Thursday, please remember these families and the grief they are enduring at this time. 

Wishing you and your loved ones a blessed Thanksgiving Day.






5 comments:

Nancy said...

i'm so sorry to hear about that tragedy. definitely reminds me how we have to seize each day and count our blessings, not only for what we have but for what God has not given us if that makes sense.

blessings,
nancy

Kelly said...

That is just awful! I cringe whenever I hear of young teens losing their lives in an auto accident. I managed to not lose my first son that way, now I have another one to hold my breath on in a few years. Those poor families will NEVER be the same after their loss. God certainly works in mysterious ways.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness. I cannot even fathom the depth of their loss, and I am sure it is magnified even more at this time of the year. I will definitely lift up their families in prayer.

Deserae said...

I will keep the families in my thoughts and prayers.
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
~Des

Joni said...

Will pray for those families. Such a tragedy! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Judy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...