August 25, 2014

Personalized Monogram Wreath

Seeing as how football is just around the corner (this coming Saturday is the SEC kickoff!) I felt it only right to honor the tradition by making a personalized monogram to add to a boxwood wreath.

I bought this oversized monogram in Birmingham last year. I wish I had picked up a couple more for my daughter and DIL so I'll do that next time.



It's been spray painted more colors than I can remember so when I got the idea for personalizing it for our favorite football team, I figured one more color couldn't hurt!

I wanted my monogram to reflect our love of our Auburn Tigers....blue and orange.   So I picked up a can of Oxford Blue by Krylon.



Here it is after 2 coats of paint.    When it came time to add the orange dots, I knew I wasn't artistic enough to free hand them so I put on my "thinking cap" to try and figure out what to do.....then it came to me......buy some round sticky dots and add them!    Genius, I know (LOL)!!!    


The only problem was I had a hard time getting all of them to adhere to the wood monogram....especially around the edges.   I finally ended up gluing some of them on but I was pretty happy with how it turned out.


 And that's my secret to "perfect dots"!

We (hubby) attached the monogram to my boxwood wreath with fishing wire.  


I don't know why the dots appear yellow or washed out here......I would blame the camera but more than likely it's my lack of photography skills!   You can see the reflection in the glass door of the orange on the flag....in person the dots are that orange too


I "hid" our address...never know when some crazy stalker might drop by!   (Good grief, I need to get rid of the cobwebs and clean my porch)!!!!

It's great to be an Auburn Tiger!

Here are the pillows on my bench...these are the covers I mentioned in my last post that I picked up at Hobby Lobby.

 


War Eagle!  

And that, my friends, is my early fall/football porch.   I will be adding some flowers later next month when this heat wave subsides and they stand a chance of surviving until November. 

Have a great week!

10 comments:

Simply LKJ said...

Love it! What a fun way to cheer on your team. Baylor keeps of their year on Sunday in a brand new stadium. It is AHHHMAZING!!!

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Love it!!!

Kelly said...

Your porch looks so pretty! I love how you transformed that monogram and added the bright pillows on your bench. You have great curb appeal.

Nancy said...

love it!!!! especially the monogram...i saw a bunch on clearance at Hobby Lobby if you need more. and i love the way you keep it going with the pillows. i need to get in gear and decorate in red and black...UGA grad here...my neighbor is the world's biggest LSU fan and believe me he decorates. yes, he. now its not pretty...he just buys anything and everything purple and yellow with LSU on it and then sticks it in his yard. its cute though. until he writes LSU on my sidewalk in LSU duct tape. which he has. then its war :)

Jill said...

Love the wreath and enjoy reading your blog! But SEC football kick-off is Thursday with USC vs. Texas A&M!! My daughter is a Gamecock so I pull for them but also love Auburn! War Eagle!

Nancy said...

check out the blue and orange clothes on here...reminded me of you today...

http://thebigmamablog.com/16811/gameday-fashion-edition/

Linda said...

I really love the wreath and football season too! Can't wait for it all to get started.

gameday dresses

Bamamom said...

Cute monogram! I need to get busy myself! Love your blog even if you do west those other colors ... :-)
Roll Tide
Vanessa

Bamamom said...

Love the monogram and your blog, though you fly those other colors :-)
Roll Tide!
Vanessa

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

Oh gosh girl! This is so pretty! The dot idea is perfect! Much better than hand painting them. Love the pillows! Have fun watching your favorite team this year!
Sherry
xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...