July 21, 2014

Sunroom Vignette

Yesterday morning was dark and rainy and I woke up before daylight. I decided to sit in the sunroom so I could watch the rain coming down.   I took a few pictures of the vignette on my sideboard and wanted to share them with ya'll, you know, mix things up from all the gloom and doom I've been posting about lately!


We bought this sideboard at an auction several years ago.   Someone had slapped some varnish on it before bringing it to the auction...it was still sticky wet!   But I bid $25 for it and won it!    I painted it black (back in the days when black furniture was all the rage) and loved it for a while but later stripped it down and painted it white and staining the top a dark walnut color.  


I found this wonderful old turquoise chippy "tray" in Gulf Shores a few years ago in a little shop and loved it....love the handles.   I added some old books tied with ribbon, a faux plant in an old terra cotta pot and a stack of smaller pots I bought for $2.00 in a local antique mall.   I love how it all looks together.


Here's the burlap monogrammed canvas I made a while back.   You can read about that little project here.



 And some close ups that I took.....









Here's my wet, sad looking deck.   Please forgive the floppy umbrella...that's not staying.   I have a newer cable spool that I'm working on to use as a stand for the umbrella but just haven't got around to replacing this old one yet.   



Most of my plants have wilted in the hot summer sun and I'm just not going to replace them.   They looked really pretty this spring.    I also bought new black and white cushions for our chairs.  I used hot pink flowers and ordered some pink pillow covers for the chairs....it looked really nice but the pillows have been brought inside so they don't fade in the sun.    The hot pink and black and white combo looked so pretty together.

Now if you've been following along with me lately, you know all about the situation with my mama.   She's back here at a rehab facility and so far (fingers crossed) she's doing remarkably well.    She will most likely remain there for 20 days then we're hoping she can go back to her assisted living facility.     Thank you for ALL of your prayers for her.

I have a fun week planned....I'm meeting up with a couple of friends from high school....one I haven't seen in years....not saying how many but it's a lot!    This particular friend was the "it" girl in school....head cheerleader, beauty, homecoming queen, you get the idea.    We're on the reunion committee together and are having dinner one night this week to start planning for next May....I've been shopping for outfits cause I gotta look good! (LOL)   

And I'm also going with my daughter for her dr. appt. the same day as the dinner party....hope to find out the gender of the baby but daughter doesn't want to know that day....she wants to have a "gender reveal" party!    I told her she needs to have the party that same night cause my heart can't take "not knowing" what she's having much longer!

Hope you all have a fabulous week!


8 comments:

Simply LKJ said...

What a beautiful vignette. Love the monogram. Glad to hear your mom is doing better. Enjoy your girls week!!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Judy,
What an awesome deal on the buffet (I have it's twin waiting on a makeover, so I can take it with me to the City Farmhouse Show in Oct.). Love your monogram!!! Glad to hear that your mother is doing better.

Blessings,
Linda

Kelly said...

I just love how pretty your white monogram looks against the burlap background. My flowers outside have wilted too. Just too hot. Good idea not to replace them right now. We're dealing with the same weather. Wet and cloudy. Yuck! I bet you will have fun with your girlfriends. I recently heard from one of my childhood friends and we talked on the phone for 3 hours catching up on everything! Those gender reveal parties sound so much fun. I've never had one or been to one, but I love the idea of it.

Stacey said...

Judy, you've created the prettiest spot!! I love the buffet to begin with but you've also decorated it beautifully. Did you make the lamp in the ice cream bucket yourself? I want one of those!!

Have fun with your girlfriends. I love to spend time with mine. :)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Your buffet looks really pretty, Judy! I love the size of it. I could use something like that here. The piece I am currently using is just a bit short and every little bit of storage helps in a condo.

Joni said...

LOVE your sunroom, Judy!!! Love all of your ideas! Hope the good news continues with your Mom! <3

Unknown said...

What an outstanding job you've done making your home so warm and inviting. That's the essence of southern hospitality! Your detail touches really add that extra zing of authenticity.

Katie said...

Just found your blog while looking for a couch. You have wonderful taste and you are funny and real those are the best qualities in blogs I like to read. I can't wait to read more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...