May 1, 2014

Happy May Day!

Happy First Day of May!


Today I am supposed to be sitting on the beach with my toes in the sand and listening to sea gulls overhead and the sounds of the ocean but thanks to our unpredictable weather, this post is brought to you from my home 3 hours from the beach! When my sister got here yesterday for our annual girl's trip, she said she almost called me on Tuesday night to cancel since the weather forecast for the gulf was rain, rain and more rain. Neither one of us wanted to spend our few precious days away running in and out of rain and not being able to enjoy our time at the beach so we made the decision to go later in the month and just cancel our trip for this week. Not an easy decision, but so glad we did decide to postpone. I got an e-mail from my friend Linda at Coastal Charm later in the day telling me how much flooding there was there and that one of the outlet malls we visit was waist deep in water!

Can ya'll believe it's May 1st?!?!?!  Here's to warmer (and less rainy) days ahead!

3 comments:

Ron said...

Was that the outlet mall in Foley? Oh my! I have been seeing photos of the magnitude of the water. WOW! Happy May Day!

Simply LKJ said...

I was wondering if you had gone. The weather there is dreadful!

Kelly said...

So glad that you decided not to go. Flooding can be so dangerous and certainly not make a good vacation!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...