October 15, 2013

What’s On The Menu - Beef Tips and Egg Noodles

I wish I was one of those cooks (and I use that term loosely when it comes to me) that has a fantastic meal planned for every day of the week and shops accordingly.    Around here, I‘m kinda fly-by-the-seat-of-yours-pants when it comes to having my meals planned out in advance….I’m the one that goes to the grocery store almost daily to pick up what we need for supper.    My daughter, who is a fantastic cook by the way, does much better than me and can improvise a recipe like no one’s business!    I used to be a better cook when my kids were little but now that it’s just the two of us, we eat out a lot (not always good) and therefore, I don’t really plan ahead.    But I’m trying to do better!

Tonight we had beef tips over egg noodles.   I know typically they are served over rice but my husband doesn’t like rice so I did the noodles instead.    It was really easy and since I put the beef tips in my crock pot, not a lot of tending to for me.

Here’s what I used:

beef tips and egg noodles 003

After I browned the beef tips, I put the crème of mushroom soup, beef stew seasoning, half the jar of sliced mushrooms along with a good bit of water into my crock pot, then added the beef tips.    I cooked it on high for about 3 hours until the meat was tender.   Don’t forget to add enough water to make your gravy.    Fix your egg noodles about 15-20 minutes before you are ready to eat, cook according to the directions on the package.     I made some corn on the cob (cob on the corn as my granddaughter says!) and we had a delicious supper.   

 

beef tips and egg noodles 004

Mmmmm, yummy for the tummy!   How do you like my “new” Pottery Barn dishes?     They really aren’t PB, but Dollar Tree!!!   Can you believe it?   I found them last year and bought all they had at my local Dollar Tree and bought more when I visited my sister last fall.    I now have 18 but would love to have 24.    My plate rack holds 12 and the rest are stacked on my baker’s rack.     They have held up great.    I love a good bargain, don’t you?

3 comments:

Simply LKJ said...

Always a quick easy favorite!

Kelly said...

Yum! That dish looks delicious. My husband would like that too. He's a meat and potatoes man himself. (Or in this case, a meat and noodles man. Ha!) I may try that recipe. My son just left for boot camp yesterday so there will be less to cook for over the next several months (Boo Hoo). I'm always looking for new recipes. Love your new white dishes too!

Diana said...

This sounds so delicious and comforting! Don't you just love the white dishes at Dollar Tree?! :) xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...