April 16, 2012

Kari and Kijsa (a/k/a Thistlewood Farm and Kijsa Studios)

What a treat I have in store for ya’ll today!   Two of my favorite blogs….and they are sisters too!!

First a little background….around the first of the year I discovered Karianne’s blog Thistlewood Farms….I’m sure many of you are familiar with her beautiful farmhouse.     Then just recently I found her sister Kijsa’s blog.    I was so excited because when I first started blogging 4 1/2 years ago (!) I ran across a blog called “Ask Kari & Kijsi”.    They really inspired me with their talent and “awesomeness” but one day they just sort of disappeared from blogland.    I never realized that Karianne was the Kari of that one time blog but when I re-discovered Kijsa’s blog I put two and two together and bam……there they were again!     Kijsa is a fabulous artist so we’ll look at some of her items she sells in her etsy shop first.

 

il_170x135.313221133

 

I want….no make that need….one of these for my front porch bench!

il_170x135.324203640

The girls are from Kentucky…in fact they live pretty close to my brother there…maybe a little road trip is in order?

 

il_170x135.305827752

Monogrammed burlap pillow anyone?

 

il_170x135.324140833

 

IMG_1484

How about this stenciled burlap chair that Kijsa recently re-did?    Fabulous job!

Please check out Kijsa’s blog here and be sure to see her etsy page here

 

She’s also had her home featured in a couple of magazines

IMG_1863

Kijsa tells me she took off a couple of years from blogging while they adopted a sweet little boy

 

Christmas centerpiece

Dining room with hand painted mural

 

IMG_1876

 

 

IMG_1877

I can see myself soaking in this tub…how about you?

 

IMG_1879

Master bedroom….love the grouping of black and white photographs

 

Now what can I say about Karianne’s house?    It is my dream house and I didn’t even know it until I saw it (does that make sense?)

72KariFeb12_45-1024x682

Here is her b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l kitchen…..love at first sight

 

Kitchen03-702x1024

Her “famous” hutch

 

72Jan2012_52-682x1024

You have to see how she transformed this plate rack with stencils (and no level!)Rolling on the floor laughing

 

72hall012

 

72karifeb12_14

 

72karifeb12_16

 

72karifeb12_17

 

72karifeb12_18

 

72karifeb12_19

 

72sideroom07

 

72KariFeb12_531-682x1024

 

 

Here’s some of Kari’s house at Christmas time

72frontroome

 

 

 

bedrooma04

 

72outoorroom02

 

And finally her back deck this spring…

DSC01377-1024x1004

 

Please be sure to visit these talented sister and tell them Judy said “hey”!

8 comments:

thistlewoodfarm said...

Judy,

You are so incredible! You made my entire week.....no.....my entire month with this wonderful feature. It was such a memory-filled time in my life and now we are both back in blogland and both creating again.

Thank you my sweet wonderful creative friend. I think the only thing that would have made the feature better is if I had some of your awesome baskets on that hutch! LOL!

Have a blessed and truly wonderful day!

blessings,
karianne

NanaDiana said...

Judy- I will be popping over there later after I catch up a bit from the weekend- OUTSTANDING homes/gardens/blogs! Thanks...

ps. I made your ham/cheese breakfast buns again for a quick "go to" before church. My sil just about licks the pan!

Kelly said...

I have enjoyed reading their blogs too. I bought a pillow from Kijsa and love it. My sister is having a pillow giveaway on her blog. Did you know that?

Marsha said...

Hey Judy. I just found your great blog. Love it! I'm your newest follower,

Marsha -
Another southern gal

Rhonda said...

Hi Judy,
Thanks for introducing the sisters and their beautiful blogs and houses!

Rhonda

busana muslim trendy said...

This really is wonderful article ! I simply love’d it !

MakePaducah said...

Judy,
You are so amazing! I am so thankful our paths crossed again! Everytime I pop by I see so many yummy things and ideas and recipes...well the list goes on!

You made my smile so bog this whole week! I am so thankful for you!!
Have a fabulous weekend!

Blessings,
Kijsa

MakePaducah said...

Teehee...you really made my smile big...I guess it could be bog...big + filled with a happy song...bog?

Have a wonderful day,
Kijsa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...