January 6, 2010

2009 Before And After Party

TopProjects

I’m joining Rhoda’s 2009 Top Projects Party.    I certainly didn’t accomplish all I wanted to project-wise in 2009 but I am pretty happy about the ones I did get around to.    So without further ado, let the party begin!

A few of the projects were done in 2008-2009 but since it’s my party, I decided I could include them anyway…

before and after #11

After my mini-kitchen redo in summer 2008, I made two of these zebra pillows for my white slipcovered chairs.     (Don’t look too closely as I have still not  sewed the ends together)

before and after #12

My Nell Hill inspired stamped napkins

before and after #13

This Ballard’s inspired shower curtain in my hubby’s bathroom was done in 2008.    You can see my inspiration piece and how I made it here.

before and after #9

First big makeover of 2009 was the dining room.    About 6 years ago when faux finishes were the big thing, hubby and I painted and glazed our dining room and foyer.     After being influenced by the  “Something’s Go To Give” dining room, I added these pre-made picture frame moldings and painted the dining room in two complementary creamy tones.    

before and after #7

My mahogany table, chairs and sideboard just pop off the antique white!    Also added lots of cremeware.

  before and after #8 

Read about the dining room makeover here.

drop cloth drapes #2 012

To go along with my dining room makeover were my drop cloth drapes.     Talk about bang for your buck!     Please read all about my drop cloth drapes here.

 drop cloth drapes #2 011 

 

front door numbers 001 

Added vinyl numbers to my Plain Jane front door…

  front door numbers 002  

Much better!

black frames and white table 001

Found several unfinished frames at mom’s when she moved out.    Painted them black and got white mats and plastic glaze (cheaper than glass) and went from this……

black frames and white table 004

….to this

before and after #1

….then to a family collage wall in the kitchen

before and after #2

Added this auction purchased bench to the front porch and painted it black.    Then I made the burlap and stenciled pillow to dress it up.   You can see the step-by-step process here.

before and after #3

 

 before and after #5

The beginning of the school year brought the need for a little organizing at my daughter’s house.    I made the coat rack for the kid’s backpacks, lunch boxes, etc. and we hung it along her back hallway.

before and after #4

I also got these cute little containers at Dollar General and added their names for school papers.      Here’s where I blogged about the  coat rack.

 black frames and white table 009

Nothing wrong with this white shabby table but…..

black frames and white table 010

I stained the top and love the way it turned out.     This is on hubby’s side of the bed and I haven’t shown pics cause it’s loaded down with his sleep apnea machine, alarm clock, and other man stuff, but trust me, it looks good.

white sideboard 058

And finally I finished this sideboard just at the end of 2009.     This is the beginning of my sunroom makeover which is set to begin any day now…..just as soon as I decide on a paint color!       This room will be similar to the dining room….lots of creamy tones, seagrass rug, billowy drapes with a twist.     Can’t wait to get started.

That’s about it.   I may have left off a small project or two but looking back, I did get more done than I thought.    

This year I’m hoping to get more organized.     Plus, I’m looking forward to starting my 3rd year of blogging.     I can’t believe it’s been that long.

Here’s to a blog-a-licious 2010!

27 comments:

Bama Belle said...

Oh sweet friend please forgive me for not dropping by before now to say Happy New Year, we have been out of town.
Now, on to the post! It was such fun and your projects just showcase what a talented and elegant belle you are. I loved this, thank you so much for sharing.
I wish you well in 2010 and hope to get down your way for coffee!
Much love sweet friend!
P.S
You know how jealous of your Fleur Di Lis bench pillow I am, right? Oh, it makes my heart ache every time! ADORE IT!! What talent.

Stacey said...

You are so good! I still want a sideboard. Sigh...

I Do Declare said...

I LOVE those drapes! I may try to copy...but I haven't even started to plan 2010 projects!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Judy,
Thanks for coming by for a visit...it's always good to hear from you. Guess I need to get my act together and join in on the fun at Rhoda's party! Great projects...my fav is...the black bench/burlap pillow...I have this thing for great looking benches!

Blessings,
Linda

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Judy, you got a LOT done last year! I love those dropcloth drapes & the shower curtain is fab too. ANd of course, your DR makeover is just gorgeous. Love it all! THanks for being a great friend and I can't believe I'll be blogging 3 years coming up in Feb. Looking forward to more fun in 2010.

Marianne said...

Lovely projects. You sure were busy in 2009!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

I loved seeing your review of all these beautiful projects, Judy!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Great projects and I loved every single one!! Your dining room is beautiful and the bench with the burlap pillow, I LOVE!!!

Looking forward to seeing what you do in 2010!!

Lou Cinda :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, you had a lot of great projects. I love your napkins and pillow you made. Oh and your drapes. I love them all :) Too hard to pick a favorite. I can't wait to see what you do in 2010.

Cheri said...

Judy you have done some really nice projects and with all that went on in your life last year I applaud you.
Cheri

Heidi said...

Hi Judy,
I love everything you've done, especially your dining room which is just gorgeous! Love it!! I wouldn't mind stealing that little bench you have out front as well, it's perfect. Great job on all your projects, I'm looking forward to seeing what you accomplish this year!
I'd love for you to stop by for a visit, I have a few projects to share, not as many as you, but I'm not a veteran blogger yet(I've only been at this 5 months)!
XO
Heidi - Heart and Home

Kristina said...

Judy,

I love all your projects - they are simple but give a big boost to your spaces. You have a very lovely home.
I burst into a loud laugh when you spoke of your husbands sleep apnea machine! Mine has one too - we really must have a post about how to easily store a sleep apnea machine as they are god awful looking and take up huge amounts of space on the bedside table! :)

Unknown said...

You are so talented Judy. I have loved reading your blog, and have been inspired to blog about my own adventures. I look forward to getting more involved in the blogging world.

Sandy said...

Wow I'm impressed with your projects - so many - and they all turned out lovely. I never heard of "plastic glacing" as a replacement for glass in picture frames. I will have to look for that at Michaels. Love everything - your home is beautiful. I can hardly wait to see what you do for 2010!

Teacup Lane (Sandy)

Rue said...

Hi Judy :)

You DID get a lot done! That dining room of yours is fantastic!! Can't wait to see what you do with your sunroom.

rue

Anonymous said...

So many great ideas!! I love the bench and pillow!!

Unknown said...

Judy, thanks for the welcome. Our weekend house is about half way between Atlanta and Birmingham if that helps! I would love to meet sometime, if you do arrange a blog reunion. I often wonder if I'm going to bump into you at Scott's!

Unknown said...

Hi Judy,
I hope you're able to keep warm. I actually dug out my ski jacket to wear today! I mustn't complain too much though, we have it pretty good here in the South don't we?

Katherine

Nancy Hood said...

Hey girlfriend, love the napkins! and I've always been a fan of the drop cloth drapes you posted on! Stay warm this week!!

My Cozy Cubby said...

Absolutely love how your sideboard turned out!
Also great job on your table!

Pamela

Tara said...

Wow, what great projects and I love the black and tan theme throughout!

Laura said...

I love, love, love your dining room! I have a very similar dining room set that I cherish, and have been thinking that a lighter wall color might complement it more. I see that I was right, cause your dining room is just lovely. Hope you don't mind if I copy you when I get to the dining room.

Blayne Macauley said...

What a busy year! I can't believe all of that! I love the burlap pillow on the front porch. I have wanted to make some of my own, and I am going to your post to see how it's done. I am a first time visitor and will be back!

Betty Whatley said...

My dear dear friend,
You have just done it again with that sideboard. Love it. Saw it before and could not believe that you did that remarkable job on it. Don't know why I didn't believe it. You always do a wonderful job. Can't wait to see what you are coming up with. Maybe after we make our trip to Atlanta. Hope our vehicle is big enough for all your ideas. Happy New Year. Great job.
Betty Whatley

Melanie said...

You did a lot of projects last year. I like them all but I want to know where you got the entry table in the photo of the front door? I really like it.

Miss Janice said...

I love all your projects for 2009! You dining room looks gorgeous! Love that burlap pillow case and the "Nell Hill-style" napkins. Love it all!

Kathysue said...

Judy, you are a make-over dynamo!! Love all of the changes, I need some of your energy!! Great Job on all of your projects,kathysue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...